Scanguage

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Not to be a smart a**, I am wondering how many people even know what you are talking about.

Right now I am using my laptop and an interface, not quite satified but it tells me what I need to know.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also would be interested in hearing from someone using ScanGauge. At about $125.00 it seems well worth the price for what it can do.
fuel usage data - m.p.g. instant m.p.g. fuel used etc
trip info - mileage, elapsed time
gauges - fuel, speed, volts, temp, air intake temp

scan tool - reads fault codes, resets check engine light

auto pilot - set destination and crawl into the bunk.

If you are using ScanGauge please let us know how you like it.

www.scangauge.com

bryan

Veteran Expediter
HI
Greg it plugs into you trucks data port located under the steering wheel.A Ford van doesn't have a tach and the guages are pretty worthless.The scanguage inables the driver to see what the vehicle's computer sees.The vehicle has a tach and digital temp and fuel pressure guages but only the computer can read them.
Ford wants $100.00 to $200.00 to check engine codes.This thing shows them to you as soon as the computer finds a fault so your not running around with hidden fault codes in computer.It cost $125.00 and you need no mechanical ablity to install it.
I'm wondering if it could of saved my tranny.The o/d light didn't flash once but when they put it on the scanner there was 2 fault codes in the computer.The computer was making the tranny shift early.So in theary it was not the tranny that was bad it was the computer telling it to do the wrong things at the wrong times.
It also can help you save fuel by showing exactly how much fuel your burning.IN Europe they have a similar setup except it is also a GPS system.An they are setup with GPS for boats in the US.
Their web site claims it works on all 2002 and newer vehicles but I'm not sure if they are including diesels.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bryan, you can down load the owners manual from their web site. It explains all the functions. It can be used with a diesel. It should work on most 1996 and newer vehicles.

I agree that seeing a fault code as it is generated could save you big bucks in repair bills. It may have saved your tranny.

I would like to hear from someone who has one before I buy.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bryan
Thanks but I knew about it since it hit the market. I bought the ODB ii adapter for my laptop and was running Autotap and a few others. I am not satified with the setup, mainly because I am trying to figure out how to get it to reset the body ECM on my caravan.

One program I had allows me to look into the trans ecm to pull the codes and see performance of the trans.

the ODB ii thing is amazing.

Oh by the way check out the diesel stop web site - E Series Vans section and the thread - "Got F series mirrors installed, power, defrost, clearnace, and turn signal" it will lead you to another site that explains installing the tach.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bought a scanguage a few weeks ago, works great and in my opinion well worth the price, especially the lock in of trouble codes. Took about 30 seconds to hook up and mount it and about 5 minutes to get the program features down. I'm sure that the MPG is going to be off as in my wifes expedition, they say allow an extra 10% + or - on the expedition.