Rig Master Generators

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So the next dumb question is are they using a Cummins replacement or a Perkins replacement?

The reason I ask is Cummins may outsourced the parts to a vendor to save money if it is something that they stock in quantity where perkins parts may be a bit more seeing Cummins covers the warentees.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
So the next dumb question is are they using a Cummins replacement or a Perkins replacement?

I'm not sure about that,but it will be a question that will be asked the next time I get home and have water pump #5 put on (glad I'm not paying for these things).

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have 4515 hours on our Rig Master and the darn thing still runs like a champ.
We have replaced the starter relay, glow plug relay, the engine speed sensor in the 5 years we have had it. Bob does maintain the Rig Master just as well as he does our truck.

We do not like a few things about the rig master one of which is the tremendous noise it makes when running. The Rig Master is not great at cooling the truck when the temperatures are over 100 degrees.

Things we like about the generator is it starts on time every time. We have never had to worry about leaving Molly in the truck while we go inside in hot or cold weather as the Rig Master always starts. In the winter we have not had any problems of the Rig Master keeping us warm even in sub zero temps. Over all we cannot complain about our Rig Master as it does what the information said it would provide.