Reply from Pilot Corporation - Shower Procedures

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Denny's at Clear Lake, Iowa was part of the original truck stop prior to it becoming a Pilot. Last time I was in there the Subway was still open but the Taco Johns was gone.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
It would be nice if there were some more sitdown restaraunts for drivers to go to. I have a van so it's no biggie to stop somewhere and eat, but it sure does beat eating Micky D's, Taco Bell (Toxic Hell) and Wendy's all the time.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Denny's?

OMG, it is bad enough to have the fast food places in Pilot with the workers making just above minimum wage who can't or don't or won't keep the place clean.

Stop with the madness, Pilot makes a lot more money and they can tighten up the ship they are running.

Last night I stopped off at Gaffany SC pilot for an arbys, something to hold me over. I watched the five people as I walked into the place and noticed that not one of them washed their hands when the were handling food, condiments or supplies.

The one who was making my food got really upset when I told her to wash her hands after I watched her go out and wipe down the drink area with paper towel.

Another was dumping the sauce packets on the floor to put into the correct bins.

What is the use in complaining about this to the manager, they seem to be clueless. I already B*TCHED at one manager about having the girl drop one of them premeasured coffee containers on the floor and picking it up and throwing into the coffee maker. She was dumbfounded that anyone would complain about it "after all the coffee is made with hot water" and we are truckers who drink it.

I think that if they can't handle simple things like washing their hands, having manager's take responsibility, or properly cleaning showers, Denny's will be just another dump with cockroaches and mice running around.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Speaking of uncleanliness, I was with my grandpa at an IHOP in Boardman, OH off of 224 when we went in to eat. The food was dry and not great at all, but when we were done my gramps went in to use the rr and the cook was there too. The cook didn't wash his hands after using the rr and gramps made it known to the entire restaraunt that the cook had failed to wash his hands when we left. I'll bet that got some people to leave. Not a good experience at that IHOP.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
And that folks...is why some people want the Large (Luxury as some call it) sleeper.. So they can take a bath, use their own bathroom and cook in their own kitchen. You don't have to worry about people washing their hands before they handle your food or who is cleaning your shower or toilet... Hey I'm all for the Big Sleeper...someday...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
And that folks...is why some people want the Large (Luxury as some call it) sleeper.. So they can take a bath, use their own bathroom and cook in their own kitchen. You don't have to worry about people washing their hands before they handle your food or who is cleaning your shower or toilet... Hey I'm all for the Big Sleeper...someday...

That is too funny....

I don't have a large 'apartment on wheels' but I can take a bath in mine (and can take a really warm shower in the box with lots of room to move around), I got my own bathroom with a view and I cook in my own kitchen. I also have a big screen TV (relatively speaking), Bose surround sound system and soon a nice skylight. Not to mention the features that every sleeper should have, running water when it rains, a lot of storage, improperly installed and frayed wiring direct from the manufacture and subfloors that rot.:D

But overall I can do most in my little sleeper than most can do with their apartment on wheels, except hold BBQ's, I really cant have a pit in the sleeper. :p

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
That is too funny....

I don't have a large 'apartment on wheels' but I can take a bath in mine (and can take a really warm shower in the box with lots of room to move around), I got my own bathroom with a view and I cook in my own kitchen. I also have a big screen TV (relatively speaking), Bose surround sound system and soon a nice skylight. Not to mention the features that every sleeper should have, running water when it rains, a lot of storage, improperly installed and frayed wiring direct from the manufacture and subfloors that rot.:D

But overall I can do most in my little sleeper than most can do with their apartment on wheels, except hold BBQ's, I really cant have a pit in the sleeper. :p

Greg you need to get a lift gate for your BBQ and don't forget a reefer unit for those hot summer days.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Greg you need to get a lift gate for your BBQ and don't forget a reefer unit for those hot summer days.

Got the lift gate, but once I cut the floor up for the pit, that's it for the truck.

And what do you think I use for the hot summer nights, my reefer!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
A true Dissinfectant Cleaner used according to Mfgs suggestions while it dries kills the germs left behind. Also changing out a mop daily and using only a mop in bathrooms and not the entire facility would also keep this Mop from spreading Germs.

It was MY POLICY that all mops were to hung over the basket to drip dry, and at the end of every shift at every building that old water was disposed of and that the bucket be filled with clean water and Dissinfectant. Thus they even have invented and I have seem at Pilots and Control Panel that automaticly dispenses the correct amount of Cleaning Solution to the amount of Water. So when our Customers ever peaked into our closet or had an emergency during the day while we were not there the Bucket and Mop were ready to go and also kept the closet smelling fresh and clean.

Pilot also should address using a back pack Vac. to Vac out the shower stahls of all hair that I have noticed alot of as it sticks to the bottom of my flip flops. We used these every day.

A different type of cloth to wipe down surfaces should be used, we purchased ours from what I felt was the largest Janitorial Supplier in the World, Hesco out of Chicago (Niles) Il. They sell 100% Cotton Rags or Diapers that absorbed water etc... We used these over and over and washed them at 180F or higher and with just a touch of Bleech.

I agree not happy with that response I have written them a letter as I stated in a new Post. Thank you for contacting them, enough pressure and they will soon get the Hint.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Broom I think what Pilot Corporate should really do beside all that is institute a real quality control system with a group of people (in trucks) who actually use the services, who can spot things wrong and report back to corporate on the conditions and service we all get of all their locations. Of course this cost money but for a few hundred thousand would make a world of difference to the customers.

And what goes hand in hand with this is an assumption that the management of the corporation has either low hygiene standards in their personal lives or never used any of the services or bought any of the products at the Pilot locations or think we are all dirty pigs that live and work in a filthy environment.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
Denny's is a nice addition, but it would also be nice to get rid of GREYHOUND,scarey dudes come off those buses.

This is off topic but I took a Greyhound once in my life. It was to pick up my truck at Alumibunk. The Greyhound station in upper Michigan was near a prison. They dropped of several of their guests for a ride back to Detriot. The ex cons were the only ones to get lunch served.

lostandfound

Expert Expediter
when the wife and i was out there we used our own towel's we had 2 each,worked out pretty good for us,all we had to do is put em in the laundry then add some softner which the T/S does not do.So when u wipe off it feels you are drying off with 60 grit sand paper no thanks or drying off with someone elses germs and bacteria no thanks.