question

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
can any body give me any info on transporation designers group i just offered a job they are in medina ohio

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
are they a good company to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in a little nervous about quitting my job i have now and going all the way up to ackron ohio on a bus to get the truck any advise to ease my mind

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't worry about quitting your job. Real jobs are a dime a dozen. You can always find another one. Now the bus ride all the way up to Akron, that's something else. Under normal circumstances like visiting Aunt Evelyn I would suggest drugs and or alcohol. Both make a Grey Dog ride more enjoyable. Plus you will fit right in with 90% of your fellow passengers. But in your case when you reach the end of the line you will be asked to pee in a little bottle. And you don't want to miss. So for you I recommend doing the whole trip straight. Not even any NyQuil. Scary yes, but I'm sure you can do it.

My daughter recently graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Her first year there I forced her to take the Greyhound from Madison to Minneapolis. It is my firm belief that everyone should take a bus trip at least once in their lifetime. I considered it part of her education. The Midnight Express between Chicago and Minneapolis stops in Madison. How convenient. It was a real eye opener for her. I think she made that trip at least 3 times. A real world education that she couldn't get in college.

Enjoy the bus ride and enjoy expediting. If you are like me and I know I am then.......

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i ve road the bus plenty but the company is what im woring about do you know any thing about the company??

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Read archive on EO to gather a better understanding about expediting. Write down a list of questions you want answered and give owner a call ask for numbers of current and former drivers give them a call or maybe he’ll have them contact you and ask your questions of them. If owner won’t give assistance in getting touch with drivers I wouldn’t sign with them.

Get a copy of the contract between you and owner before you take bus ride and look it over and have a lawyer review it. Any verbal agreement between you and owner doesn’t hold water when things go wrong so CYA.

Ask specific questions on EO about contract and any other questions that may arise.

slfisher45

Expert Expediter
Bam,
Before you quit your job find out if you can drive for the company your truck owner is leased with. If it is Panther you should go thru their orientation first. Your history with felonies might be a problem.
As you have been told before, make sure your history is acceptable with an expedite company before you quit your job.
You been on this site before asking for advice. Make sure you don't react to something you want to hear instead of something you need to hear.........

And the thing about the fleet owners giving you phone numbers, don't hold your breath, many employers or truck owners or whatever you call them, respect the privacy of former drivers and withhold that information. They should ask former drivers to contact you, but there aren't any quarantees. That doesn't mean the fleet owners are bad.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moot: Excellence Post.

"My daughter recently graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Her first year there I forced her to take the Greyhound from Madison to Minneapolis. It is my firm belief that everyone should take a bus trip at least once in their lifetime. I considered it part of her education. The Midnight Express between Chicago and Minneapolis stops in Madison. How convenient. It was a real eye opener for her. I think she made that trip at least 3 times. A real world education that she couldn't get in college."

When my oldest child was in his sophomore year at Bowling Green University Ohio, his grades started to fall off. (Too much partying he later admitted)

His mom and I decided not to pu him for Thanksgiving break. Rather, we asked him to take a Greyhound from Toledo to Cleveland.

(He still can remember every mile of that trip. LOL)

Suddenly, his college education became very important to him. He is now a successful CPA with haunting memories of that fateful 100 mile from hell.

Be safe and walk rather than ride the hound.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
the company transporation degigners gruop knows about my felonys they are class e which are the lowest there is they told me no problem with them

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
this is a sister co and in just fine i talked to them today ill be driving the 3rd week in feb on my own
thank god and he blessed me

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taking a Greyhound trip and reading "Catch 22" should be a requirement for high school graduation. All though not simultaneously. What better way to prepare for life in the real world.

My son is a freshman in college with a double major in law enforcement and Spanish. I think it is time for a little trip on the big grey dog. Too bad he is only 110 miles away and that the Chicago Midnight Express doesn't pass through. Oh well! Maybe I could buy him a round trip ticket to Omaha just because.

BamBam, by the time you get to Akron your felonies should be history and you will have a clean slate. Unless of course something should happen on the bus. Even if you kill your seatmate most prosecutors will plea bargin you down to a misdemeanor providing that you meet certain criteria.

-The bus trip must cross 1 or more state lines.

-If an intrastate trip, total riding time must exceed 4 hours.

Any experienced prosecutor knows that even a hand picked jury of your peers will contain at least 7 people who have ridden a Greyhound bus. Thus the misdemeanor plea offer! How could anyone that has ridden a Greyhound convict you!

Good luck, happy trails and bring a funnel.

P.S. why the truck payments?