parking the straight truck

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Been thinking on parking the straight and going to a van of some sort. Still thinking about it. Talked to several guys this week. But all of us drive for same carrier. Never run into any other guys from other ones. So hard to make decision so soon. For thoses who have wisdom and advice please help
me make since of this. Thanks

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I spoken to 3 FedEx Van drivers in the last 2 weeks, they are all looking to move to other carriers...not enough miles....and they were just talking about recent low miles, but more of a tread of months since id 1st quarter....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So you are going to go from a truck to a van because there isn't enough work and some are going to go to another company because there isn't enough work?

Strange that everyone is complaining about a lack of work but willing to make a change to something different to see if they can get work when there isn't the work to be got.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Or maybe they are unaware of how other classes of vehicles are doing hence the asking of the question.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Been thinking on parking the straight and going to a van of some sort. Still thinking about it. Talked to several guys this week. But all of us drive for same carrier. Never run into any other guys from other ones. So hard to make decision so soon. For thoses who have wisdom and advice please help
me make since of this. Thanks

Well you can call John Clark, he's offering about a grand and lots of freight for a happy trucker. Are you happy???:rolleyes:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Depends on who u talk to. I called a company in Nashville and they were not wanting vans, but wanted straight trucks so go figure.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Im not short of work. I can't keep anyone with me. They live first few weeks and then home sick.. can't run solo. So will I have team I do great. Not to complain I been solo for few weeks but in illinois running cat parts.I think soon my truck is starting to change to yellow..lol

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Im not short of work. I can't keep anyone with me. They love first few weeks and then home sick.. can't run solo. So when I have team I do great. Not to complain I been solo for few weeks but in illinois running cat parts.I think soon my truck is starting to change to yellow..lol

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Im not short of work. I can't keep anyone with me. They love first few weeks and then home sick.. can't run solo. So when I have team I do great. Not to complain I been solo for few weeks but in illinois running cat parts.I think soon my truck is starting to change to yellow..lol

We have solo drivers that run hard and love Canada. Let us know if we can be of help! Thx! We recently lost a fleet owner to health issues and have 3 great drivers standing by.