Oil leak

citibori

Seasoned Expediter
I was driving a couple of days ago and didn't realize that one of my batteries was grounding out which made pretty much every piece of metal in my truck a conductor. Anyway it caused my airline coming from the air compressor to the truck to burn a hole. I have since replaced the airline. But when I looked at the opposite side of the motor it was wet with oil. I can't see where it's coming from. My question is what can fail due to an electrical over load and cause the leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Not saying for sure but I have never heard of an electric problem causing an oil leak. I think the two are unrelated.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I have not heard of oil leaks but one thing everyone should remember is DC current will kill you faster than AC. Be careful how you handle electrical cords, you can arc a cord and send a charge through your body. I have been grounding Everything from airplanes to Euclid dumps to semis and of course small vehicles for years. I once arc'd a Euclid with a double 4 OT cable. The man next to me saw the electric current go across my shoulders and it knocked me back about 10 feet. After checking out what went wrong we found a rubber grommet was worn under their auxillary starter. Never will I forget that.
Grounding is important to the health of a vehicle. Every moving part creates static electricity through perpetual motion. Get rid of it and you enjoy better fuel economy, more power, longer lasting componants.

Last edited: