Nissan NV

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
yea yea yea i have 2500 mesured and i have 10 ' 3500 lb load i weigh 185 figger 200 lb for e trac plywood and cheapest new sprinter is what and used is out of Queston rember junk like bars leak and oil has to be so so i can get oil changed where i want or my self for a few bucks no i won't get fuel milage as sprinter but i have a daston eng good for a lot of miles

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM wrote:

all that means is they were overpriced in 2005 also...:D

And not everyone will run one for 600,000 miles to get the ROI that you have....:D

because everyone MISTAKENLY compares sprinters to NA vans and treats them as such....it is a MERCEDES.....you have to drill that into some heads....

not a friggin ford or Gm....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yea yea yea i have 2500 mesured and i have 10 ' 3500 lb load i weigh 185 figger 200 lb for e trac plywood and cheapest new sprinter is what and used is out of Queston rember junk like bars leak and oil has to be so so i can get oil changed where i want or my self for a few bucks no i won't get fuel milage as sprinter but i have a daston eng good for a lot of miles

HEY pal...I am glad you got what ya want..really...gee whiz...

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The NV looks better and better the more I hear about it. That is good mileage even if you drive it like a grandfather.
I just wonder if I could live with 9 feet of cargo space and living space combined doing expediting.

Even with the extended Chevy, living is tight. You need more space to live. The extended NV would rock. Maybe. Time will tell.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Saw an e1 nv yesterday at the petro at exit 333 on 94 here in Wisconsin. Looked odd tall and short. Owner was inside somewhere. Good luck driver.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Saw an e1 nv yesterday at the petro at exit 333 on 94 here in Wisconsin. Looked odd tall and short. Owner was inside somewhere. Good luck driver.
That was my friend Ron's NV. He got a load 4 miles away going to PA over the weekend. Doesn't pick up til 3pm

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I spent some time talking to the dealer about them at the expo. He's been driving one for various things. In the 2500 tall roof v8 he says he gets about 17-17.2 mpg based on pencil and paper arithmetic when filling up. The 3500 should closely match since it's basically the same unit. At 102" from the back doors there is basically no space left. If they can add a couple more feet minimum it has definite potential. The "flight deck" is very nice and the seat in the SV (the nicer trim level) is very comfortable with the lumbar support etc..

Camper

Not a Member
I spent some time talking to the dealer about them at the expo. He's been driving one for various things. In the 2500 tall roof v8 he says he gets about 17-17.2 mpg based on pencil and paper arithmetic when filling up. The 3500 should closely match since it's basically the same unit. At 102" from the back doors there is basically no space left. If they can add a couple more feet minimum it has definite potential. The "flight deck" is very nice and the seat in the SV (the nicer trim level) is very comfortable with the lumbar support etc..

It would be perfect for local courier work but without an extended version, It's not conducive to OTR runs.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I talked with the dealer in the Expo. Nice looking truck but 2 pallets. He did say that Nissan in the next two years will have one two foot longer and will take 3 pallets. If it looks as good as these then Sprinters will have a big run for their money. You can get a two pallet truck for $32,000 with some nice options.

Camper

Not a Member
I talked with the dealer in the Expo. Nice looking truck but 2 pallets. He did say that Nissan in the next two years will have one two foot longer and will take 3 pallets. If it looks as good as these then Sprinters will have a big run for their money. You can get a two pallet truck for $32,000 with some nice options.

One potential advantage I see is lower maintenance costs, given how costly many of the maintenance items and parts tend to be with the Sprinters.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

greg334

Veteran Expediter
One potential advantage I see is lower maintenance costs, given how costly many of the maintenance items and parts tend to be with the Sprinters.

Who said they would be cheaper. The first problem is going to be the same as the sprinter, who services them in the dealer's network?

Are all of them going to carry parts and train their service people?

The second problem will be how fast Nissan will release the parts to secondary or third party suppliers to make the aftermarket parts.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Isn't it basically a Titan with full bodywork? Wouldn't every dealer therefore work on them?

Camper

Not a Member
Who said they would be cheaper. The first problem is going to be the same as the sprinter, who services them in the dealer's network?

Are all of them going to carry parts and train their service people?

The second problem will be how fast Nissan will release the parts to secondary or third party suppliers to make the aftermarket parts.

With the current dealer network Nissan already has in place for their current models, They have a foundation on which to build a commercial van network.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
With the current dealer network Nissan already has in place for their current models, They have a foundation on which to build a commercial van network.

I understand your point but the issues that they have will be the same ones others have had in the past - training, parts and after-market parts.

This held true for Mercedes (which has a strong support network), Dodge and Freightliner who all handled the sprinter and held true for Ford with the Transit connect and GM with the Duramax van.

Overall I think Nissan will have a better product than GM or Ford on the market, Ford is still dragging their a** with the transit and GM has zero plans to move out of their taxpayer paid comfort zone.

Camper

Not a Member
I understand your point but the issues that they have will be the same ones others have had in the past - training, parts and after-market parts.

This held true for Mercedes (which has a strong support network), Dodge and Freightliner who all handled the sprinter and held true for Ford with the Transit connect and GM with the Duramax van.

Overall I think Nissan will have a better product than GM or Ford on the market, Ford is still dragging their a** with the transit and GM has zero plans to move out of their taxpayer paid comfort zone.

I agree, it should be interesting to see how the implementation phase goes. Beyond that, I think they have a good product. I'm not really a fan of it for expediting unless they offer an extended wheelbase version but for local courier work, I think it will be a competitive product.