New Member, Sprinter dealer

SprinterSale

Seasoned Expediter
I hope this is the appropriate place to introduce myself.

My name is Dave Koon and I sell Sprinters for McCoy Freightliner in Portland, Oregon.

We currently have around 40 Sprinters in stock with another 25 or so coming. We are currently putting together an extended 3500 with sleeping quarters that may appeal to you folks.

Please contact me with any questions

Dave Koon
[email protected]
360-609-1348

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Welcome. I'm not a Sprinter guy but I would think the sleeper for Expediters would be better in a 2500. Can't get a pallet between the wheel wells in a 3500 and waste to much weight building a floor. You will hear that from a lot of guys who own them.:cool:

SprinterSale

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah, we struggled with whether to go with a 2500 or a 3500....we've sold both to expediters so we'll see. We're trying to make this truck appeal to as many different folks as we can and the 3500 seemed to fill the bill.

The last expediter I sold was a 3500 and the fellow just built a basic floor over the wheel wells. If memory serves, his carrier told him to get the 3500.

Thanks for the reply

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
That might be a West Coast thing also. Over here they mostly use SRW (single rear wheel) because of fuel, maintenance and all that stuff. Don't hear to much about expediters on the west coast, would like to though.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, we struggled with whether to go with a 2500 or a 3500....we've sold both to expediters so we'll see. We're trying to make this truck appeal to as many different folks as we can and the 3500 seemed to fill the bill.

The last expediter I sold was a 3500 and the fellow just built a basic floor over the wheel wells. If memory serves, his carrier told him to get the 3500.

Thanks for the reply

Join our sister site....

The Unofficial Resource For Sprinter Van Enthusiasts

back here in the east ..Height is where it is at...not so much weight...so the 2500's are the first choice...IF you still got some by late summer/fall i WILL be interested for sure..

Last edited:

Monty

Expert Expediter
The 3500 is an eay modification.

My 2003 model required a 4" raise, and the wheel wells modified.

It was able to still haul 4400#, and in this business that equates to $$$'s

I have some pictures of it somewhere ... I'll try to find them.

The equipment shop used 4" aluminium I beams, 1" wide ...

Lost very little weight on a 990# capacity van. btw, I would suggest any new orders you place with Mercedes, get some of the 9900# vans, the 11,000 pound version requires log books

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The 3500 is an eay modification.

My 2003 model required a 4" raise, and the wheel wells modified.

It was able to still haul 4400#, and in this business that equates to $$$'s

I have some pictures of it somewhere ... I'll try to find them.

The equipment shop used 4" aluminium I beams, 1" wide ...

Lost very little weight on a 990# capacity van. btw, I would suggest any new orders you place with Mercedes, get some of the 9900# vans, the 11,000 pound version requires log books

I'd be inclined to challenge ya on that....UNLESS you are traveling really light... the models are only 1400 lbs difference....I am not even close to be able to take 3,000 lbs with my set-up...with the added weight of that floor....you must have NO personal gear to speak of...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'd be inclined to challenge ya on that....UNLESS you are traveling really light... the models are only 1400 lbs difference....I am not even close to be able to take 3,000 lbs with my set-up...with the added weight of that floor....you must have NO personal gear to speak of...

But OVM, many are tourists, not travelers. There IS a difference ya know.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But OVM, many are tourists, not travelers. There IS a difference ya know.

I don't have a built in bunk...not that much extra weight maybe 300 lbs worth...with micro and generator and folding bed being the heavies...some minor tools, LP and extra clothes and a supply of pickles..I am like can carry 2500 lBs legally..Unless he's a local chap and doesn't stay out long spells...it is possible but man it would be close...

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I thought I read somewhere that the NCV3 sprinter wheel wells can't be modified as easily as the older models.

A four wheel 3500 gas sprinter is the one I'm waiting for.

eb