Need to build a bed for cargo van

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Any ideas on where I can buy a mattress that will fit my cargo van and not take up a lot of load space. I'm currently using a baby mattress and needless to say it's not that great. Only for keeping me off of the floor. Any ideas out there on where I can buy a mattress that will fit?

thanks
ShawnF
O/O

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Shawn,

The Original Mattress Factory will custom make a mattress to your size and specs.

OMF has a number of stores all over - there's one just off of Portage behind the Strip in North Canton/Jackson Township, just up the street a little from the TA, where you can actually go in and scope out the product (and lay on it ;) )

And one of their factories is up in Cleveland - I believe Terry and Rene O'Connell bought their mattress there. The number is 216-661-8388.

They offer a choice of traditional innerspring and foam mattresses. The foam mattresses are available in either latex or polyurethane. Takes them anywhere from a couple of days to a week or two to make one up, depending on the product you select.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Years ago I went to a shop that sold various thicknesses' of foam rubber. Gave them the measurement and still using it today, firm as ever.