March 2010 Location

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Well load planning sayes there is nothing going on it this area that will take me towards home, so its time to start rollin that way emoty...Go out of service when i get there, drop the van off to get some "preventative" maintainance done and while that is goin on, ill be in FLA until april 12th with as the Song says, Got my Toes in the water, azz in the sand, not a worry in my world and cold beer in my hand...life is good today!!!" :D

Chef where at in Florida are you going? We should be down in the St. Augustine area starting next friday.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
got a condo in lake buena vista and then in coco beach and 1 more place my wife is figurin out...ill send you a PM

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are now back up in the Seattle area. We have a load for Monday (long wait, kinda sucks) but are still on the boards for short local stuff, not likely. Monday's load is cool, BC to Houston, TX. Oh well, will get to see our son again!! Not all is lost.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Dan doesn't like to get his hands dirty..:rolleyes::D
$200 will buy ya a lot of Go-Jo ..... ;)

Dropped in Romeo this morning a couple hours early, then came down to the Walmart in Shelby Township (there's a Starbucks in front of it) and got some shuteye ... and now some coffee .... :D

Pick up in Romeo at 20:00, going to Louisville in the morning.

BTW, the rocker covers for the 2011 GT engine are now a very sharp-looking ..... BLUE

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Rlent wrote:

BTW, the rocker covers for the 2011 GT engine are now a very sharp-looking ..... BLUE

I hauled the only (1) prototype grill(at that time) for that GT from holland oh to the Flatrock plant a few weeks ago....it too looked good...:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are now sitting at the "J" just outside the Port of Tacoma. Nasty place. Glad we are supplied and don't have to eat in there. With any luck we can see our son tomorrow. That would be much better than this.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We are now sitting at the "J" just outside the Port of Tacoma. Nasty place. Glad we are supplied and don't have to eat in there. With any luck we can see our son tomorrow. That would be much better than this.

We used to call Tacoma Stinkoma because of the smell from the paper mills :eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not sure of your chances of getting a load out of the Seattle area have you considered Portland?
Seattle may be good I don't really know

We are pre-dispatched for next Monday. Just sitting on the board here hoping for a couple of short loads in the area. Have run a few here in the past. We were down in Portland when we got this offer. It is a good long run that pays very well. Vancouver to Houston, TX.

We are never sure on taking loads that far in advance. We considered that this is Easter weekend and have noticed in the past that the week prior to Easter is often a bit slow. We are in an area that often is slow during good times, so, we took it.

We will take advantage of the time to see our son again, he is stationed at Ft. Lewis. We took a load up here to see him last weekend. This will be a bonus!!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
gary in sent us to grand rapids to aberdeen proving grounds. showewr, rest, food and the call is jfk to hebron ky. waiting for the frt to get to alitalia whse. fed d unit sitting at the bottom of the ramp for loading. deal with that when it needs to be done. might have to call terry if it gets ugly.

then home for the weekend. GREAT MONTH!!.

just talked to a guy who does jet engines for twt. didn't seem to be streakin1.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
gary in sent us to grand rapids to aberdeen proving grounds. showewr, rest, food and the call is jfk to hebron ky. waiting for the frt to get to alitalia whse. fed d unit sitting at the bottom of the ramp for loading. deal with that when it needs to be done. might have to call terry if it gets ugly.

then home for the weekend. GREAT MONTH!!.

just talked to a guy who does jet engines for twt. didn't seem to be streakin1.

Aberdeen Proving Grounds. I used hunt there. Killed a lot of deer. I also used to know a few people who worked out there. They liked to blow things up. Good fishing in that area as well.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
today i dipped into the Express 1 load pool an pulled out a Chicago to Jackson, Michigan number 5 sprinter an like 10 or so for cv's and sprinters where should I roll to now?