Is Herman Cain the new target?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A lot of the protesters are jealous and greedy though, they want to take from people that have more. The protesters are saying the corporations and CEO's shouldn't have the money and think they should so he is right. Where do you see Cain arrogantly dismissing people that want an audit?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

No doubt some protesters are jealous & greedy - as RLENT said, a crowd that size has all kinds of people. But they aren't saying corporations and CEO's 'shouldn't have the money and think they should' at all - they're saying the corporations have too much power over the lawmakers [Congress]. That power is how they amass the ludicrous wealth, and the government should not be aiding and abetting the wealthy, while the working class can't earn a living [often thanks to the same wealthy corporations and CEOs].
No one cared about how much the wealthy had, until it became crystal clear that they too often get it by buying Congress [the banking industry is a perfect example], and when it costs people their jobs, then they care very much.
Portraying them as slackers and whiners is deflection, and blaming the victims [favorite tactic of so many]. I'd be willing to bet that a very large percentage of the protesters HAD jobs until some corporate honcho [who makes millions, if not billions] eliminated the jobs to increase stock dividends, thereby getting himself a few more millions in bonus money.....
They don't want other people's money - they want the chance to earn their own, and they're not getting it. Why is that so hard to understand? [Please don't say they can work 2 jobs, or move to Wyoming - if one needs to do that to work, society is BROKEN.]

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
CEO's and corporations could NOT buy off congress or Obama if they were not corrupt already. The Evil controls our government and economy. Criminals gravitate to each other.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
CEO's and corporations could NOT buy off congress or Obama if they were not corrupt already. The Evil controls our government and economy. Criminals gravitate to each other.

Disagree: some politicians actually start out with the desire to make things better for their constituents and their country - [Dennis Kucinich is one that comes to mind]. A few junkets to exotic locales, a few large donations to their favorite charities, a few tickets that can't be had for love nor money later, they OWE some favors, and not to the folks who elected them. Innocence certainly can be corrupted, it happens all the time.
BTW: referring to the "guns & religion" quote, did you remember to thank Hilary Clinton for pointing out how elitist the remark was? [Unless one knows the remark immediately preceding it: "Our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's not evidence of that in their daily lives." It may have been clumsily worded, but the point was that working class people had been ignored by the government for too long, while the wealthy continued to prosper thanks to intervention by the same government. I don't see that as elitist at all - just ammunition for Hilary's campaign to make an issue over, and it sure worked.]

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
I found this comment

Quote " I do not understand why Cain gets bashed for introducing sales tax in US. In fact, in this day and age of supposedly free but not really fair trade having a relatively high sales tax and a relatively low corporate tax becomes effectively the only way to tax imports while stimulating exports. Most of the world does it, Canada and Germany included." quote

In this article
http://www.google.com/url?url=http:...sg=AFQjCNG6kRPz4Pu-qW2h_gQnl2BItrjz1w&cad=rja

Any one have any thoughts on this statement?

jimmy

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If the sales tax had exceptions for used goods, [as the Fair Tax does], it'd be easier on the low income people, and therefore more reasonable.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Quote"If the sales tax had exceptions for used goods, [as the Fair Tax does], it'd be easier on the low income people, and therefore more reasonable." quote

I will admit I am not familiar with the fair tax concept . I was really wondering about the potential effect a US. sales tax could have on addressing on the US.trade imbalance while still allowing free and open trade with other countries

jimmy

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Quote"If the sales tax had exceptions for used goods, [as the Fair Tax does], it'd be easier on the low income people, and therefore more reasonable." quote

I will admit I am not familiar with the fair tax concept . I was really wondering about the potential effect a US. sales tax could have on addressing on the US.trade imbalance while still allowing free and open trade with other countries

jimmy

I'm afraid "the US trade imbalance" is somewhat above my pay grade, lol [ok, it's a subject that bores me to tears], the effects on not wealthy people of tax codes is more my speed. :)

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
I'm afraid "the US trade imbalance" is somewhat above my pay grade, lol [ok, it's a subject that bores me to tears], the effects on not wealthy people of tax codes is more my speed. :)

In an way that's what I am wondering about . Making the US more competitive in the world market. More jobs in the US.

jimmy

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If the sales tax had exceptions for used goods, [as the Fair Tax does], it'd be easier on the low income people, and therefore more reasonable.

Cain's plan would only apply the sales tax to new goods.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
More jobs is what I've been saying for quite awhile now - people I know don't want a handout, or a safety net, they want to work - as they always have.
It must be heLL to lose a longtime job, and not find another, watching as the savings dwindle, doing without things you can't afford anymore, using credit cards to pay for the car repairs.....
To be described as a lazy person who shouldn't have gotten themselves into a financial bind on top of it all would be enough to make me bitter, I bet. :(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The trade imbalance is directly related to the lack of jobs. In addition to that, the lack of jobs is also directly related to a tax code that is anti-business and punishes hard work and success.

Our tax code is likely to cause me to try to make LESS money. If they are going to continue to hammer me on what I earn to the point that I end up with less, I will do less. It will be a cold day in Miami that I will work my butt off to support those who won't do the same for themselves.

Our government is totally corrupt. Starting at the top all the way down to the bottom. I would be willing to bet that it would be VERY difficult to find more than a handful of elected officials that are not held in someones pocket. That goes triple for Chicago machine politicians like Obama.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
No doubt some protesters are jealous & greedy - as RLENT said, a crowd that size has all kinds of people. But they aren't saying corporations and CEO's 'shouldn't have the money and think they should' at all - they're saying the corporations have too much power over the lawmakers [Congress]. That power is how they amass the ludicrous wealth, and the government should not be aiding and abetting the wealthy, while the working class can't earn a living [often thanks to the same wealthy corporations and CEOs].
No one cared about how much the wealthy had, until it became crystal clear that they too often get it by buying Congress [the banking industry is a perfect example], and when it costs people their jobs, then they care very much.
Portraying them as slackers and whiners is deflection, and blaming the victims [favorite tactic of so many]. I'd be willing to bet that a very large percentage of the protesters HAD jobs until some corporate honcho [who makes millions, if not billions] eliminated the jobs to increase stock dividends, thereby getting himself a few more millions in bonus money.....
They don't want other people's money - they want the chance to earn their own, and they're not getting it. Why is that so hard to understand? [Please don't say they can work 2 jobs, or move to Wyoming - if one needs to do that to work, society is BROKEN.]
If you look and see how little one has to earn befor taxes to be in the top one percent you would see that a great many people there got there by working two jobs,and moving to a better location in order to achive their goals.I really dont think the guy making 380,000 a year is paying anyone off!

Disagree: some politicians actually start out with the desire to make things better for their constituents and their country - [Dennis Kucinich is one that comes to mind]. A few junkets to exotic locales, a few large donations to their favorite charities, a few tickets that can't be had for love nor money later, they OWE some favors, and not to the folks who elected them. Innocence certainly can be corrupted, it happens all the time.
BTW: referring to the "guns & religion" quote, did you remember to thank Hilary Clinton for pointing out how elitist the remark was? [Unless one knows the remark immediately preceding it: "Our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's not evidence of that in their daily lives." It may have been clumsily worded, but the point was that working class people had been ignored by the government for too long, while the wealthy continued to prosper thanks to intervention by the same government. I don't see that as elitist at all - just ammunition for Hilary's campaign to make an issue over, and it sure worked.]

So the fact that Obama said this means nothing just the fact that clinton tried to use it against him does.Instead of just looking at one or two sentences look at the whole quote.Also what clinton and McCain had to say about it.One should see when hearing the whole thing that the bitter remark really had no reason to be in there.Also why try and explain what Obama ment by looking at what he said befor the comment.yet not look at everything Cain says in his remarks about the protesters.

Obama's Imbecilic "Bitter" Comment Towards Rural Americans - YouTube

Herman Cain on Occupy Wall Street: They want handouts - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com