internet packages

Freight_Shaker

Expert Expediter
my question here is to anyone who uses laptops in their trucks and what type of internet plans are available through the cell phones and laptops for access to the internet if anyone can help me out oin this it would be greatly apreciated i am looking at getting setup with a laptop in my truck to communicate with my dispatch.

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Well this is what i got and it works great.I have a Sanyo 4900 phone and its threw Sprint.My plan has unlimited Vision thats what they call there internet and all.So i can be on the net all day and it dont use my minutes.I have 500 anytime and 2000 night and weekends i think its around 50 or 60 bucks not sure the wife pays it.But i bought the cable on ebay you can still get them at The stores.I have not had any problems with the phone even in Maine where nextels dont work at all.

Freight_Shaker

Expert Expediter
hmmm interesting and thats sprint from canada rollN ? i'm from quebec myself and thats the setup i'm looking for and you can use the internet in the states too? hmmmm interesting i apreciate that if you have a contact number for me that would be great:)))))

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Well im not sure about Canada I know my phone works there but in toronto i was roaming.Go to www sprint.com and give them a call and see what they can do.I use to be a nextel subscriber and i would never go back.But its just a matter of opinion.When it comes to this subject.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This reply has no relevance to the question, but I just wanted it to go on record that I too was once a Nextel subscriber, and I now use Verizon. I have my reasons for switching and Nextel knows why.

mj9287

Expert Expediter
I have a Verizon wireless CDM 9500 phone. I bought a cable and software through the Verizon Wireless store that uses a usb connection to my laptop. Verizon has a couple of plans. You can use the highspeed access for an extra charge or you can connect using the quick2net connection while slower is free (it only is charged regular minutes like you were talking) I have the Americas Choice plan though. So after 9:00 PM Local time to 5:59 AM Local time and Weekends I have unlimited minutes so I virtually have unlimited internet minutes between those times. You can also set up your ISP pop3 mail server so you can access your email, and you can also dial your ISP and connect directly. I have 700 regular min, 2000 mobile to mobile, unlimited nights and weekends for 65 dollars. I believe the cheapest rate with verizon is about 35 dollars and you still get unlimited minutes.

Mark James