HURRICANE KATRINA

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
JUST HEARD ON THE NEWS THAT THE DEVASTATION FROM THE HURRICANE HAS CAUSED 23 BILLION IN DAMAGES SO FAR.WELL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU FOREIGN COUNTRIES WHO WE POUR BILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO EACH YEAR WHENEVER YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ARE GOING TO HELP US????????
AND I AM ESPECHIALLY TALKING TO YOU ISREAL.
WE GIVE YOU OVER THREE BILLION DOLLARS OF OUR HARD EARNED TAX DOLLARS EVERY YEAR.AND WHAT IN THE F--K HAVE YOU GIVEN US?????
I WOULD EXPECT THAT MAYBE YOU MIGHT GIVE US A PITTANCE OF IT BACK FOR OUR WATERLOGGED CITIES.BUT THAT MIGHT BE JUST TO MUCH TO ASK FROM YOU.

WHITEWOLF 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I am sorry if I am opening up a can of worms here but I have to post a reply.

Look Whitewolf53, you are right that some should give some aid to us, but it will never happen. There are a lot of reasons for it, mainly because no one can afford to do so except the EU and they don’t want to help us for any reason.

I won’t go into the problems of foreign aid and the problems it really causes but I will say that the UN and other organizations have made 71 nations agree to try to reach a goal of .7% (seven tenths of a percent) of their GDP to be allocated to foreign aid. By far the US is the only one that can actually reach that goal but the people in Washington decide that it is better to spend the tax money here than there and only gives .4%. Countries like Australia and China hold back as much as they can and may contribute .3% if that.

As for Israel receiving money, yes they do but they are not the ones that bother me, we at least get some stability from them. But by far Egypt, Congo, South Africa, Jordan, Syria, Pakistan, India (India by the way does not need any foreign aid because of the amount of money that is generated by their labor resources through us and the EU) and other nations actually receive more in aid than Israel by at least 200%. I don’t only count direct aid but preferred treatment that boast their economy and give more money to them indirectly.

Which country has yet given any return to us for a dime we spent?

Ok I’m done.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The only country in the world who doesn't owe us money is Switzerland.

As far as recieving aid from other countries, I'm sure most see it as a sign of weakness. The US would never allow it, and I agree. Just ask yourself what they'd want in return.

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
You forgot to say something to the effect of we should have let the Nazi's keep France...since they hate us anyway...which is a slap in the face to all of the WW2 vets that were killed or wounded saving their chicken butts...

duke

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know Duke I know a few vets that went back in the late 50's or early 60's at the height of the hate american time over there and they said that they were welcomed by everyone, including parisians for the work they did liberating france. but when they returned recently there was a complete change of attitude with the French, most of the people that are in the population there didn't live through anyhting but a change in the republic and don't care. Aren't they on the 100 or 101 republic? wierd goverment.

but anyway, one told me that the germans were more welcoming and even the former german solders they fought against were happy to have them visit.

trhoades

Expert Expediter
Where are the multitudes that donated money to tsunami relief? I understand that there isn't as large a death toll, but a little help wouldn't hurt. Especially if you consider the amount of money americans donated from their own pocket.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>
>Which country has yet given any return to us for a dime we
>spent?

Once again, you guys forget your neighbours to the north;
Canada.
We have volunteered on an official government to government basis.
We have provided the US governement with lists of supplies that can be shipped immediately and others that can be shipped later.
The Canadian Red Cross is sending trained volunteers to assist in the disaster relief.
Canadians are opening our wallets and donating money as well.
Hydro electric crews are already on their way south to help get the power restored.
The Canadian Mennonite Disaster Relief organization is sending people down this weekend armed with chain saws to help clear the debris away.
I can't answer for other countries but Canada is stepping up;
BUT the US government has not asked - officially - for any help from anyone.
Maybe your country is too proud.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have to say that of all our "allies" Canada is the closest to a true friend and not just a glad hand patting our back as the other hand is out to receive our money.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Yes RobA it seems we do forget about Canada and we shouldn't. A freind of mine who works for LMI enlightened me years ago about how Canadians are usually the first to come to the USA's aid and visa versa. I think the problem or maybe the best thing about it is, its the citizens and not the goverments that give the helping hand.So from one US citizen to one Canadian citizen thanks.
I know that probably doesn't sound like much but sometimes actions speak louder than words so be reassured that when the time comes I will be there, as I'm sure several of my neighbors will be also. WE owe you for last years floods and power outages.Your hydro guys were great. Again Thanks

CYHUOOTO

Expert Expediter
Too the many Canadians who really are our friends, many thanks.

I would like to know where all of the damn Hollywood airheads are. One hour after the Tsunami hit Asia, they were screaming for us cheap bastards to cough up more money for relief! Why do you not here one word from them to help our own people? Not a good enough liberal cause to get behind?