He's got to be kidding....

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Sometimes loaded all miles, when done with load call in to see if there is something to pickup
Never move with out checking as they might say you should have called in had a load close by for you
If you had called

Reactions: Ftransit

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
1.75 that what I get in sprinter van after you add up all other charges in run, fuel surcharge, d time, for mall, military bases, inside del, all those other charges add up
Im sorry but i am having very difficult time believing this.... its hard for a tractor trailer to avg over 2.00$ per mile to the carrier....straight trucks running for as low as 1.20

And heres this guy in a sprinter who turns down anything below 1.75 per mile....

And if you are running at those rates can you post your avg weekly or monthly numbers? Loaded miles etc...

Thank you

And also i mean no disrespect, i see you have been here for quiete some time...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im sorry but i am having very difficult time believing this.... its hard for a tractor trailer to avg over 2.00$ per mile to the carrier....straight trucks running for as low as 1.20

And heres this guy in a sprinter who turns down anything below 1.75 per mile....

And if you are running at those rates can you post your avg weekly or monthly numbers? Loaded miles etc...

Thank you

His rates are legit. I used to run with that carrier about 15 yrs ago (they were not called Ceva at that time but Eagle Freight Service out of Houston). They do mainly local but do some otr. Since you live in the Chicago area why not check them out. I think they are by the airport in Bensenville.

Reactions: GrassHopperr

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thank you

geo posted this info awhile back.

Cargo Van - my sprinter van is 2 years old now

Reactions: GrassHopperr

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A lot of one way freight empty miles cut down the true rate.
Yea but doing all the extra makes it all add up. They get paid for the delivery, paid by the weight, inside deliver charge, detention time after 30 min, trash removal, liftgate. There busiest days are Monday and Friday. These are your money days. Not saying the other days are busy but a little slower. I made good money there until 9/11 then my business went in the crapper and had to let my drivers go and had to start over.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Been here 13 years, if I wasn't making money wouldn't be here
Being owner operator for ceva is only one part of my company
I have truck consultant for expediting industry,div
And George group military job fairs
Sale sprinter vans

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
I agree ... 1.75 is a good rate ... I don't even start my sprinters! If load don't pay 1.50$ a mile atleast... I kno lots of ppl drive for cheap .80 .90 cent a mile for a lil while till there truck needs repairs and they trow it back at the bank... And just give up... Bring rates down and such for us in it for the long haul...

Nasko B.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree ... 1.75 is a good rate ... I don't even start my sprinters! If load don't pay 1.50$ a mile atleast... I kno lots of ppl drive for cheap .80 .90 cent a mile for a lil while till there truck needs repairs and they trow it back at the bank... And just give up... Bring rates down and such for us in it for the long haul...

Nasko B.
thats YOU bidding your loads?....

I almost called on this... I am looking to start expediting. Not sure if I should try starting as an O/O on my own or looking into leasing something like this.