fleet owners

reddog69

Expert Expediter
Whats the best way to locate fleet owners. I live in Mi and I am ready to get back into expediting. Willing to stay out 2 weeks or more if loads are available. I live approx 2 hours north of Detroit.

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Dog,

The best way to contact fleet owners is through the recruiting departments at the companies that sponsor this site. Just indicate to them that you are interested in driving for a fleet owner and they will point you in the right direction! With just a few phone calls you can make your services available to some of the best fleet owners in the business.

Best wishes - Scott

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In addition to recruiter referrals, fleet owners can be located by using the Free Classifieds on the EO web site. See the Free Classifieds tab at the top of this page.

Another source of fleet owner contacts are fleet owners themselves. Many of these folks chum with each other and talk shop just as drivers do. If a fleet owner you talk to does not have a truck available at the time, ask for referrals to other fleet owners.

2millionplus

Expert Expediter
2millionplus

reddog69;

I have several fleet owners who are looking for drivers, they pay well and are willing to talk wages, i.e. paid miles, dedhead miles and fuel surcharges.

Call us at Con-Way NOW, 888-679-7091, any of us will be more than happy to get you the information you need.

Thanks
Mike B
Recruiter
Con-Way NOW

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Reddog,
All that has been said is true. I would check the eo classifieds and contact as many companies as you have time for. If you call Tri-State, you can put yourself on our list and our fleet owners would contact you when they have availabilities.

Good luck,

ABC

jdodge

Expert Expediter
Hello reddog69

I hope this reply finds you in good sprites, driving for a fleet owner is also a good way to find out if the is the field you want to get in as an owner. We also have several fleet owners looking for good drivers. You can email me at anytime at [email protected] or call me my direct line is 1-800-447-5173 ext 5413 Thanks Joel Dodge CTX

reddog69

Expert Expediter
Thanks for all the info. You have been a great help and hopefully once I get started I will see you out there.

BobbyS

Expert Expediter
Reddog,
Fleet owners are all different with pay packages, equipment, purchase programs and the companies they work for. You have what they are looking for in staying out 2 weeks and in MI

If you need additional answers to hard questions about fleet owners please call me at 440-225-5721 or e-mail [email protected]. I have 10 years driving expedite, 2 years in dispatch and safety, 3 years in fleet management and 4 years as a recruiter before retirement.

bobby