DRW Box Van under 10,000K and DOT?

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Dolphin....I can assure you with absolute certainty you will get stopped regularly! Driving that same vehicle and its a 12300 lb truck. Empty, with our sleeper and us, we weigh near 9000. We are stopped regularly for pop inspections and we scale and log. That said.....payloads nice, sleeper is bigger than a sprinter, and 4 pallet capable. Tall enough to stack palldts and 90" wide! But.. fuel milage is the pits!!!!!
Cargo max is definately the way to go!!!!!

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Dolphin....I can assure you with absolute certainty you will get stopped regularly! Driving that same vehicle and its a 12300 lb truck. Empty, with our sleeper and us, we weigh near 9000. We are stopped regularly for pop inspections and we scale and log. That said.....payloads nice, sleeper is bigger than a sprinter, and 4 pallet capable. Tall enough to stack palldts and 90" wide! But.. fuel milage is the pits!!!!!
Cargo max is definately the way to go!!!!!

Thanks for this info! I thought gas MPG's would be close to Cargo Max to be honest.I liked the wide box and room, but not at 10-12 mpgs. 14-15Mpgs would be OK I think with 3 pallet ability and not so expensive service options Cargo Max looks like the favorite so far.

Looks(Aerocell) aerodynamic, but I guess looks don't mean good MPG's in real driving.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
I do need to add that mine is an 06, but I dont think the mileage will differ by much. At 500,000 miles ours still runs strong!! As a solo I would definately go cargomax or similar. Same height and only 1 pallet difference. We have never had 4 pallets on the floor, only double stacked! OH.....we were pulled for another level 1 inspection lazt night!!lol!! Passed with no problems, but thats twice now in a month!!