DOD CLearence

ferretluver

Seasoned Expediter
Hey thanks for the reponses on my last question! I just had a quick one about DOD clearence..... My husband and I have no crimal background but we have really bad credit. I was just wondering if that will effect our chances for getting cleared. Thanks!! :) :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No doubt it will have some effect, [or they wouldn't ask] but the only way to know how much is to apply and see what happens. What've you got to lose?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
BT,do you even want to put it out in the public realm the things that they are looking for,or why they are looking for them? To me it violates the "need to know"rules that you agreed not to disclose to anyone who doesn't need to know.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Doggie,
What BT posted is common sense and common lnowledge. I do not believe he has compromised the security of our country and I believe you can rest well tonight.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Doggie,
What BT posted is common sense and common lnowledge. I do not believe he has compromised the security of our country and I believe you can rest well tonight.

It's not a question of whether or not I will be able to sleep tonight,but it is absolutely a breach of security by even talking about this subject.

Better check again what it was that you agreed to when you got your DoD clearance.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"Breach of security"? Sounds asinine to me, but if it is, you are equally guilty for your first reply.

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
It's not a question of whether or not I will be able to sleep tonight,but it is absolutely a breach of security by even talking about this subject.

Better check again what it was that you agreed to when you got your DoD clearance.

The why are YOU even commenting here???
Ya done breeched yourself - in public yet!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ok, that's a new one, breech of security.... haha

To answer the question, yes it can. I am pretty sure that they do run a credit check on every applicant and if there are flags that indicate a possible problem (selling information, theft of cargo, etc...) they will decline the app.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It may sound strange but the thing that hurts people the most is the fact that they try and conceal something in their past or try to cover it up and even provide blatant and untruthful answers. Years ago, there were a lot of things that adversly affected ones chance of being granted a clearance. There are still many reasons for the denial, but I think the situation has changed over the years. Be sure to not only explain the predictment that you were in, how you manged to get into it and what you intend to do in the future. Your honesty and integrity is what is being sought for the most part.