Blog: Engel Refrigerator

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been enjoying this guys blogs, many thanks to everyone that makes this site so real and informative

Bill

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My frige went out after 4 months of use it was A 120v unit I got from Target. I would run it off of the inverter when rolling but when sitting still it would run off of the A.P.U. I think maybe it did not like the inverter.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great review Eric! It is very helpful in the decision making process to be able to get real world, unbiased, expediter tested reviews of products here on E.O.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Yes he does a great job on his blog with great information.
I like that cooler but I don't like the price tag, but I guess you get what you pay for. I guess if anything in a truck last more than a year it's a good item.
I'm specing a new truck now and working on the cabinets with refer space, might just forget the refer and get one of these coolers. After cabinet space is used for something else might be less $$$ in the long run buying one of these.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You should get 2 of those. One for a fridge, the other for a freezer. :D

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I bought a 43 quart Engel 6 years ago. I never turn it off or unplug it. The Engel is so efficient that with three auxiliary batteries i can run the refrigerator for at least 5 days straight.
I have a friend who has been using his Engel every day for over 20 years without the need of repairs.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I bought a 43 quart Engel 6 years ago. I never turn it off or unplug it. The Engel is so efficient that with three auxiliary batteries i can run the refrigerator for at least 5 days straight.
I have a friend who has been using his Engel every day for over 20 years without the need of repairs.

That's a great endorsement. Actually have something that outlasts the truck.:)