Belly box

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anybody know of A good place to buy A new or used belly box? looking for 24X24X48

mugurpe

Seasoned Expediter
I bought one from a local truck body dealer/installer, wasn't cheap but it was new and they did a good job installing it (lacey truck and equipment, salisbury, ma). maybe $400-$550 installed, can't remember exactly.

Another other one I found for $50 used on craigslist, after fabbing up some brackets and a quick rattle-can job, it did the truck just as well for much less money.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Really, I have 2 of them, but not sure if there 18 x 18 or 24 x 24, will have to measure them and get back to you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

stevenfoe

Active Expediter
Tractor supply doesnt make a big box looking for 24 X 24 X 48

Just because they don't have them in the store doesn't mean they can't get them. They can call the companies that make the boxes for them and can get what you want if they make it.

It won't have the Tractor Supply logo, because those are branded and only popular ones they normally stock are branded. The two manufacturers they used (or used to use) was DeeZee and Delta, it would have one of their logos on it.

Also, special orders would have to be shipped specifically for you, and it is usually $200+ to UPS/FedEx to the store. They should be able to cross-dock through one of the TSC distribution centers (manufacturer puts it on next shipment to DC and the DC puts it in the store lane for the next truck). Cross-docking usually took 2-4 weeks to make it through the system, but it was free to do it that way (other than the cost of the box).

All this is from experience working there. I was with them for almost two years, but I left April of this year and can't guarantee that nothing has changed since then.

On a side note, we have a store called Northern Tool that is more of an industrial supply store and they have this style box as well, and I believe they manufacture their own toolboxes.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Turn right on Firestone Parkway at the TA in LaVergne,Tn. Go about a mile. Past first light on right side in a fenced large terminal is a group of used toolboxes and headach racks under a lite pole.
They have for sale signs on them.
Or try dealers around Okie City. They yank boxes off old Melton trucks all the time.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Turn right on Firestone Parkway at the TA in LaVergne,Tn. Go about a mile. Past first light on right side in a fenced large terminal is a group of used toolboxes and headach racks under a lite pole.
They have for sale signs on them.
Or try dealers around Okie City. They yank boxes off old Melton trucks all the time.

Thanks when I start out again i'l check that out. Got 2on the truck now 1 more should do it. I like to carry various spare parts axle seals, bearings and races,alt, fuel filters all the hoses and belts, and stuff for the apu, and all the tools I hope I never have to use

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Quit being a slacker, get back to work. I can't haul all this freight by myself......:D

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Anybody know of A good place to buy A new or used belly box? looking for 24X24X48

The following website should help you. They are also located in Mi so that should help others as well. I can personnaly vouch for them, they have built several for me and custom spec's. Does not matter what size or whatever. They do great work and will ship to your door as well. Call them their sales dept will draw what you want send you a quote then build it for you. Easy to do business with.
customtoolboxes.com

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The following website should help you. They are also located in Mi so that should help others as well. I can personnaly vouch for them, they have built several for me and custom spec's. Does not matter what size or whatever. They do great work and will ship to your door as well. Call them their sales dept will draw what you want send you a quote then build it for you. Easy to do business with.
Truck Tool Boxes and Accessories K&W

Go to the junkyard where the straight trucks are laid to rest imho.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quit being a slacker, get back to work. I can't haul all this freight by myself......:D

yeah gettin 3 axle alignment monday helping a neighbor move thursday normally I wouldn't but I want to see this guy gone A.S.A.P. Then i should be able to get out there so you can take some time off