anyone running a 6.6 duramax box truck ?

idtrans

Expert Expediter
You probably have a 4.10 axle ratio. If that's the case tuned to it's peak and a bully Dog you might get 16 if you drive about 60mph.

Well I like staying around 70 on the interstate and am averaging 15.5 and I am so very happy with that. plus the box van is a pleasure to drive so smooth and tight feels like new I love the van. Of course with time I may wanna grow a lil LOL

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Well I like staying around 70 on the interstate and am averaging 15.5 and I am so very happy with that. plus the box van is a pleasure to drive so smooth and tight feels like new I love the van. Of course with time I may wanna grow a lil LOL

Good deal, that Duramax is a good engine and the Allison is also good. Glad you like it.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Good deal, that Duramax is a good engine and the Allison is also good. Glad you like it.

The crappy part is they don't put the allison in the vans I have the same tranny as the 6.0 liter v8 crazy i know but it is still doing the job so i am happy.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
The crappy part is they don't put the allison in the vans I have the same tranny as the 6.0 liter v8 crazy i know but it is still doing the job so i am happy.

Oh, the L80 heavy duty turbo tranny? They are pretty good just keep them serviced.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I am pretty sure that is what the dealer said I have in her. My 1 complaint so far is the belt pulleys suck on the van I just changed the idler pulley and now the tensioner pulley just went out its making a loud whining sound so I am fixing it tomorrow lucky I found a new one at advanced for $75 and I am changing the belt also I read on a duramax forum the pulleys are junk on these and the gm ones go out allot and dayco pulleys last about 60k city or 100k highway . and heck while i am at it i may just drop tranny pan and change the filter and fluid why not i will already be frozen and wet from first repair.

idtrans

Expert Expediter