anybody moving out there?

TigerFan1980

Seasoned Expediter
Started back out on Wed. 2 loads 1200 miles. Pretty good considering we had 1500 miles total the 2 weeks previous. Sitting in Temple, Ga now hoping for a good start on mon.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
If you are sitting over at Olive Branch J, walk over past the bar and get some BBQ form the carry out place, it isn't the greatest but it is good or head over to the bar and have a drink or two of a soda and some wings. DO NOT EAT THEIR CAT FISH.
The only fish I eat is Long John Silvers Capt D's and whoever makes those fishsticks....I may try out that La Guadalupe tomorrow...or the bbq..thanks.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
IRT - WHAT?[/QUOTE]

Greg get some glasses so your not cross eyed.

Highway star. The sky's not so clear here its been raining every time I get done working out. YES ITS BEEN SLOW THIS WEEK. ONLY 1 RUN. that was it. I made the least amount of money I have since 1982. the last time I made that amount for the week was at Timber Ridge Rec Ranch in 1982 before I went into the service. Needless to say that was on a bad week.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ok , i am not asking this question to be a "pita" but with the # of posts above by several people, and with it is alway said that the CV can not be profitable i have to ask, where is the advantage of a straight truck? Right now, for the last 14 days, i have 3910 load miles with 402 DH miles.............

Again this is not asked to rub it in, but if i am not going to get the needed miles out of a straight truck, why would i dump my CV based on these #'s? And this is where i have been averaging since mid feb...............

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Again this is not asked to rub it in, but if i am not going to get the needed miles out of a straight truck, why would i dump my CV based on these #'s? And this is where i have been averaging since mid feb...............

For a team, an advantage of a straight truck over a cargo van is sleeper space. I posted earlier that we did one load last week. If we wanted miles we could have easily achieved that goal by accepting some of the loads we turned down because of low pay.

If we wanted to, we could run the wheels off the truck, but at what rate does it make sense to move and makes sense to sit? This is a key question, the answer to which varies from expediter to expediter, depending on one's goals, business type and needs. In our case, if there is crowing to do, we would rather crow about the money we are putting in the bank than the miles we drive.

moose

Veteran Expediter
, where is the advantage of a straight truck? Right now, for the last 14 days, i have 3910 load miles with 402 DH miles............................

O'h boy , here we go .
to run a profitable business , RIGHT NOW , mean nothing .
3910 loaded mil mean nothing .
care to share the rates ?
gross for the last quarter ?
last 4 quarters ?
DH% ?
cost of moving the truck ?
cost of doing business ?
net profit ?
time away from home ?

& on a side note : , way do you think ST have an advantage in the long run ? , you are aware that most solo's are struggling right now in Expedite , regardless of vehicle type .if you have a good business plan , & your carrier can provide ,& it is working for you , why shoot a healthy horse ?
now , when market conditions change , that's will be a new game ,
Many of us Solo ST ,are sitting on the side line , watching the game , enjoying the Gatorate ,letting the defance team play.

Moose.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Many of us Solo ST ,are sitting on the side line , watching the game , enjoying the Gatorate ,letting the defance team play.

Is that what you are doing, moose? If so, what are you doing for money?

moose

Veteran Expediter
Is that what you are doing, moose? If so, what are you doing for money?

I would rather not say what i am doing , it is not expedite .
The truck is sitting @ home , waiting for a fortunate HW team to add to my fleet , not in any hurry to fill it up .
& i was not clear enough :
was not talking about parking the truck , but rather taking only the few , very few ,profitable loads out there , and not reaching the business goals for 2009 , & not putting where & tare on the tuck ,but saving the equipment for when freight will PU & pay better .
in the last 3 weeks i have talked to 4 Solo ST . for some rezones they all had the same agenda - we have other ways of making some money , and we are watching Expedite and trucking very closely , to see when is the right time to jump back in .

I am still waiting for a solo ST to PM me or post here , that he met his goals for the first quarter , and doing well on the second one .being the nice guy that i am , im starting up conversations with expediters weekly , & it was a really long time since i seen evidence of a Solo ST that exceeding his or her goals on an ongoing basic .
the few that are claiming to do so , are flat out have no idea of the costs of staying in business and moving the truck .

i hope that i am mistaking in this observation .

Moose.
Home.