Researching Becoming Van (Sprinter, Dodge, Ford) Owner Operator

mknighten

New Recruit
Researching
Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am currently researching becoming a van owner operator expeditor. I’m not really sure which van would be the best. I want maximum load and towing capacity. I would also like 4x4 or AWD. Sprinter vans are really expensive, so I was wondering if other options might be better. I would start hauling only on the weekends due to working a current 50 - 60 hour work week. I would like to eventually quit my current job and expedite full time. What is the best way to acquire a MC # in the state of Mississippi and also a DOT #? I want to eventually be hauling nationwide. Any info on start up processes would be a blessing. Not sure if buying used vs new would be good. Again….thanks for any and all help becoming a newbie to the transport business.

Edgar Gallo

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi All
I am an owner operator but due to primary work and life constraints my business partner and I can no longer keep our business going. We are selling our Van and MC# as a package deal if possible. Our MC# is seasoned with a year in service. A benefit to buying a clean seasoned MC# is that some brokers or shippers will only deal with MC#’s that are 6 months or older and in some cases a year old or more. It opens up more opportunity having a seasoned MC# as opposed to a brand new one. Our Van is a 2021 Mercedes Sprinter Van 2500 extended with 70k Miles. It is like new and has been very well maintained. It comes with a custom E-Track floor and side wall system with all the equipment, attachments and straps needed to start hauling short loads or over the road loads. For more information and pictures please contact me via messenger here.