whats the best and eazyest wat to buy a van or truck

ohio_outlaw

Seasoned Expediter
I am starting to look into buying a cargo van or stright truck .but i dont know a good way of doing it .i have been out of the expediting biseness for 5 months and whant to get back into it .is cargo van easer or stright trucks any info would be helpful thanks .Iam not with any company yet

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Easiest: cargo van. Pay cash. :D
Smartest: read the Newbies, FAQ, and the carriers' forums, so you have some idea of which carrier might be good for you - make sure to find one thast is signing on vans before you decide, because some aren't.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I am starting to look into buying a cargo van or stright truck .but i dont know a good way of doing it .i have been out of the expediting biseness for 5 months and whant to get back into it .is cargo van easer or stright trucks any info would be helpful thanks .Iam not with any company yet

Find out where your going to put it before you buy it. Small C/Vans right now are not doing as well as Sprinters and cubes.

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
I'm going to third the motion and say pay cash and along with that I'm also going to say to go and work at Mcdonalds they have benefits...lol

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Either that or drive for and owner. Truck payments and expediting are like oil and water they don't mix

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Camper

Not a Member
If you've researched the archives of previous threads, you'll find no shortage of answers. My two cents, for what it's worth is:

The first issue you need to consider when asking this question is your level of experience and knowledge of the industry. If you're just starting out or are still learning the ropes, you're better off driving for an owner or buying something you can pay in cash, while having a month or so in reserve for living expenses.

Another consideration is the pros and cons of a straight vs. a van. The advantage with Vans is they are less expensive to own and maintain and an easy way into the business. However, because of these advantages, there is a glut of vans in the pipe line, meaning stiff competition for freight. The inverse is true for Straight trucks. They might be costlier to own and maintain but the potential revenue stream is far greater.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"This message has been deleted by cheri1122 reason: dupe."

Oh no, have you contracted LOS Syndrome?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"This message has been deleted by cheri1122 reason: dupe."

Oh oh, have you contracted LOS Syndrome?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you've researched the archives of previous threads, you'll find no shortage of answers. My two cents, for what it's worth is:

The first issue you need to consider when asking this question is your level of experience and knowledge of the industry. If you're just starting out or are still learning the ropes, you're better off driving for an owner or buying something you can pay in cash, while having a month or so in reserve for living expenses.

Another consideration is the pros and cons of a straight vs. a van. The advantage with Vans is they are less expensive to own and maintain and an easy way into the business. However, because of these advantages, there is a glut of vans in the pipe line, meaning stiff competition for freight. The inverse is true for Straight trucks. They might be costlier to own and maintain but the potential revenue stream is far greater.

Glad you used the word potential....

If you think a solo straight making a mere .50 more a mile then a CV/Sprinter....

potential is a stretch these days...

Camper

Not a Member
Glad you used the word potential....

If you think a solo straight making a mere .50 more a mile then a CV/Sprinter....

potential is a stretch these days...

Potential is only as good as the will to fulfill it..

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App