Wannabee

A_ALLAN

Seasoned Expediter
I drove my own cargo van for three years doing "hot shot deliveries" as a contractor for a local courier - drove over the entire country and Canada. Would like to get back into expediting as a driver for fedex cc. I didn't need a CDL driving the van, but now I do. I have passed all the written tests (general, air brakes, hazmat) and now I have to take the skills test. Since I'm not going to work for (being hired by some company) I don't have a truck to take the test in. The only trucks you can rent are the u-haul type and they are too small. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a truck for the test. Thanks

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hi, and welcome! Your question was asked & answered here, not too long ago. Several posters explained how they'd gotten over the obstacle of testing, so if you do a search, you can see what the options are. Good luck!:)

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Years ago I went to RYDER and rented a box truck with air brakes, might want to try that if you don't have any luck elsewhere.

cncbill

Expert Expediter
TDDS in Lake Milton Ohio rents trucks and has a state test site right there...not sure where your from, but if its reasomably close