Video camera

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Anyone every mount a video camera to dashboard?

I'm running from Nevada to NJ there is some beautiful countryside along the way.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
John, I always wanted to mount one and point it out the drivers side window to record the beautiful and unusual... fight the fight

CozDream

Seasoned Expediter
PANAVISE SCTN CUP WINDOW MNT FOR CAMERA
Designed for cameras up to 3lbs
Secure installation onto flat, smooth or non-porous surfaces
Use with mobile electronics with 1/4-20 stud or CCTV cameras for in-car video surveillance
809.jpg

Ultra Mount
Consists of two Triple Cup Mount bases, so you have 6 suction cups providing incredible grip. This unit can easily hold over 100 pounds!. The suction bases are easily adjusted so you can turn them and change their spacing.
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/speedprod15b.htm
cammount2.jpg

Camcorder Dash Mount Bracket - Dashboard - Windshield
Excellent for Police, Fire, Reporters, Street Racers or any individual who can't afford or simply do not want to invest in expensive in-car systems, yet would like to use an ordinary consumer type camcorder. You can also attach most digital type cameras to the bracket as well. Safer and more steady to use than windshield suction cup only brackets.
http://tinyurl.com/3ccx9a (fit url to window)
ef_1.jpg

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I set up something I call my headrestcam. Rigged the centerpost and tripod head of a camera tripod to the back of the seat over looking the drivers right shoulder. Could go over left shoulder aimed out the drivers window for more of the passing scenery. I record more of the driving experience, so the camera over the shoulder covers some of what is going on in the driver's area as well.

eb

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've been considering one of the dash brackets with one of the hard disk camcorders that has up to 17 hours record time and just record everything when on a run. If anything happened I could transfer it to my computer for evidence. I'm more concerned about someone swooping in and making me rear end them for insurance fraud than anything else.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you have a tv and vcr in your vehicle you can tape relatively easy and cheap. I ran for over two years with a video camera always on just in case there was an accident and most importantly the accident was not my fault. Also used it at night when parked, could lay in the bunk and check out the front of the vehicle without getting up if something seemed strange. The camera is not fantastic, but worked very well, considering the cost. It is small and I had it mounted on the dash with a piece of velcro which worked perfect. Check out www.x10.com I see they have them on sell now, two cams for $129.00, but you may find a single camera cheaper if you wait. They also have a lot of other cheap products, the products that I have ordered over the years, tv transmittal etc work well, just remember you get what you pay for. Good luck. Might add that I changed to a dvr recorder later on and was satisified with it.