Topic 6681 Dry Eyes

Shortstuff42

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a newbie and haven't figured out how to "respond" to a specific topic, so I'm entering it as a new one - Dry Eyes.

What we did that helped with dry eye, as well as dry lips and noses was to set up a humidifier that runs almost all the time in the sleeper section. We have a simple one with just a water container (with a flat bottom, to which we affixed velcro, and then a alternate velcro strip on the counter) and a heater/steamer unit that slides into the top of the basin. It is plastic and lightweight and it is well worth the space allotted to it. It also helps make it feel warmer in the sleeper. We even run it while the truck is moving. A strap with velcro on it along with the bottom velcro holds it in place
even on bumpy roads.
:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Humidity is good, breeding bacteria is not - if you use a humidifier, pay strict attention to sanitation, or you could become ill.
Shortstuff, to respond to a post, just click the word 'reply' at the bottom, or 'reply with quote', if you want to reprint some or all of the post to which you're replying.

Shortstuff42

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks, Cherri,

Duh, you'd think I would have noticed that option. Now I'll be able to do it right. You're absolutely right about the fastidiousness, too.

:)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
" Humidity is good, breeding bacteria is not..."

You can take the babe out of the medical profession, but you can't take the medical profession out of the babe. Once a nurse, always a nurse.

If you're not careful, that humidifier will get you into truffle.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I moss say I'm taking a lichen to this thread, even though most are in spore taste. Algae the first to say they have mushroomed out of control.

The Taco Bell Chihuahua, a Doberman and a Bulldog are in a bar having a drink when a great-looking female Collie comes up to them and says, "Whoever can say liver and cheese in a sentence can have me."

So the Doberman says, "I love liver and cheese." The Collie replies, "That's not good enough."

The Bulldog says, "I hate liver and cheese." She says, "That's not creative enough."

Finally, the Chihuahua says, "Liver alone, cheese mine."

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop