This cant be true

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I wouldn't put it past the last president, this one would have just followed his lead.

The funny thing is no one seems to understand how the entire thing works with foreign debt and the money system. One thing that costs us a lot of money is the federal reserve who we keep paying for the QE/QE2 and other "loans" to the government which Ron Paul said recently just tell the federal reserve to stick it, they have no power to collect a debt we owe them with their QE/QE2 purchases of the debt.

As for China, the idea that they can just ask for the money and BOOM ...we are insolvent, it just doesn't work that way. IT is not the debt that we owe them that matters, it is the future purchasing of treasuries that matter and this is where people just don't get it. We would not have defaulted on one treasury bill if the US debt ceiling would not have been raised, the federal reserve could have covered the debt without an issue but as the media and congress lied about it, we are stuck with more debt.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Just more nonsense coming from Ron Paul's Loony Legion.
ROTFLMAO ....

I was just waiting for one of the "usual suspects" to show up and lend their deep Helen Keller-like "powers of observation" on this one .... :rolleyes:

The actual source of this nonsense is one Hal Turner - a CONSERVATIVE white nationalist, Holocaust denier, who is a "buddy" of Sean Hannity, and a convicted felon who is currently serving time, for threatening Federal Judges.

The actual individual who raised the issue initially on the Ron Paul Forums says he can't believe it, and then the others, with the exception of one or two, go on to confirm that it isn't true.

Unlike those many of those on here, some of whom readily suck up the spittle dripping from the mouths of someone like Pamela Gellar without so much as a second thought ..... or any of the various other retards available in cyberspace (from either side of the aisle), the first thing that individual did was to question the veracity of the story.

Nice try on the ad homenim attack there Turkey-Choker .... but I'd say:

FAIL

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
ROTFLMAO ....

I was just waiting for one of the "usual suspects" to show up and lend their deep Helen Keller-like "powers of observation" on this one .... :rolleyes:

The actual source of this nonsense is one Hal Turner - a CONSERVATIVE white nationalist, Holocaust denier, who is a "buddy" of Sean Hannity, and a convicted felon who is currently serving time, for threatening Federal Judges.

The actual individual who raised the issue initially on the Ron Paul Forums says he can't believe it, and then the others, with the exception of one or two, go on to confirm that it isn't true.

Unlike those many of those on here, some of whom readily suck up the spittle dripping from the mouths of someone like Pamela Gellar without so much as a second thought ..... or any of the various other retards available in cyberspace (from either side of the aisle), the first thing that individual did was to question the veracity of the story.

Nice try on the ad homenim attack there Turkey-Choker .... but I'd say:

FAIL

Doh !!!!!!!!!

8478d9dfc4a14405a09df8d51336a584.jpg

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I don't see the relevance?
It's simple :D:

Bubbie just decided to share his own personal reaction, via a photo of himself, at the instant he realized there was yet another smack down of those who have their heads so far up their patooties that they are incapable of anything remotely resembling an accurate observation.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Ron Paul Legion of Loonies: here's the main one introduced in a rather lengthy article that raises some questions and issues worth checking out. Let's face it - there are legitimate reasons that Paul has never been taken seriously as a presidential candidate by more than a single digit percentage of voters. Excerpts from the article:
The Undiscerning and Dangerous Appreciation of Ron Paul
By DLB on May 21, 2011

I want to start my indictment of Ron Paul where I will surely end it: With the linking of Ron Paul to the American fanatical lunatic, Lew Rockwell... Ron Paul is not merely “associated” with Lew Rockwell; he is Lew Rockwell. And he makes no attempt to deny this or cover it up...
I encourage those of you who are wondering what I am talking about to go spend some time at http://www.LewRockwell.com. It is one of the most insidious properties in the entire web universe...

Go spend ten minutes on Lew’s website every day for one month, and then decide if you have the stomach to support Ron Paul. In that month you are likely to hear that Winston Churchill was a worse war criminal than Joseph Stalin or Adolf Hitler. You will hear celebration that Tony Snow died of cancer (because he did, after all, support the Iraq war). You will find out that Lew believes the Constitution is a statist document. You will read that the men and women serving our military are despicable little immoral creatures, trained to kill innocent parties...

I spent several hours speaking with Ron Paul shortly after 9/11. He informed me that the Islamicist threat was a made up one, just as the Communist threat of the 1950’s and 1960’s was. He told me, to my face, in his own words, that Lew Rockwell and his people were the only ones calling a spade a spade: America did deserve what the Islamicists were trying to do to us, and if we simply learned to leave them alone, they would in turn leave us alone...
...the sad reality is that Ron Paul is entitled to believe that America is the source of the world’s woes (which he does believe), that America has provoked the Islamicist butchers (which he does believe), and that America can function just fine by simply ignoring everybody all over the world.

The Undiscerning and Dangerous Appreciation of Ron Paul
These are only some snippets from the article, which does point out the good points that Paul makes in addition to the not-so-good. The main problem is that his foreign policy positions are just not based in reality; maybe it's this and a few other characteristics that make him so attractive to creatures of the full moon, and so unattractive to everyone else that he's never so much as won a state presidential primary.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Well, let's just examine one single aspect of what David L. Bahnsen has to say about Lew Rockwell's views:

"You will read that the men and women serving our military are despicable little immoral creatures, trained to kill innocent parties..."

First, one should understand who exactly is leveling the above charge - and in checking Mr. Bahnsen bio info on the referenced site, we find that he is "a Senior Vice President in the private client group of one of the premier Wall Street firms in the country."

For those that don't understand the significance of that statement, and what a "private client group" is, allow me to share the following with you:

"Private banking is a term for banking, investment and other financial services provided by banks to private individuals investing sizable assets. The term "private" refers to the customer service being rendered on a more personal basis than in mass-market retail banking, usually via dedicated bank advisers.

Historically private banking has been viewed as very exclusive, only catering for high net worth individuals with liquidity over $2 million, although it is now possible to open some private bank accounts with as little as $250,000 for private investors."

IOW, he's a bankster - and not the sort of people who normally hang out here on EO (although I have little doubt that some here would no doubt fawn all over him .... and perhaps offer to lick off the soles of his handmade Berluti shoes with their own tongue, lest poor Mr. Bahnsen pollute them with common filth)

IOW, this guy could have a very big vested financial interest against the very things that Ron Paul (and Lew Rockwell) stand for. He surely sounds (and smells) neocon ....

Now the question is: Is there any data whatsoever that could lend validity to the views that Mr. Bahnsen claims Lew Rockwell holds ? ...... leaving aside for the moment the fact that what Mr. Bahnsen claims are Lew Rockwell's views, are simply Bahnsen's characterization of them, and are, in fact, largely just an ad hominem attack Lew Rockwell, and an attempt to tar Ron Paul through his association with Lew Rockwell ..... which of course is a logical fallacy ..... something the author freely and unashamedly confesses to, right in the article when he says the following:

"I want to start my indictment of Ron Paul where I will surely end it: With the linking of Ron Paul to the American fanatical lunatic, Lew Rockwell. It is dangerous ground when one seeks to take down a person by simply associating him with someone else. As we all know, it is actually a logical fallacy of the first order."

Of course, the Turkey Choker, being the very honest fellow that he is, made sure to include that second sentence containing the author's confession in his selective quoting :rolleyes:

..... Wha ? .... oh wait ..... nevermind .... he didn't include it .... he purposefully left it out ....

Well Turkey, looks like no "honest broker" status for you today either .....

And of course, all of the above is even more ironic and hilarious (to say nothing of being utterly hypocritical) when one considers that it was posted by someone who not but a couple of days ago was literally squealing about lack of civility, ad hominem attacks, yada-yada-yada .... :rolleyes:

Each of the following I believe is a separate incident, except the first, which is referenced again at the end:

"A U.S. diplomatic cable made public by WikiLeaks suggests that U.S. troops executed at least 10 Iraqi civilians, including a woman in her 70s and a 5-month-old infant, then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence, during a controversial 2006 incident in the central Iraqi town of Ishaqi."

WikiLeaks: Iraqi children in U.S. raid shot in head

"US special forces soldiers dug bullets out of their victims’ bodies in the bloody aftermath of a botched night raid, then washed the wounds with alcohol before lying to their superiors about what happened, Afghan investigators have told The Times.

Two pregnant women, a teenage girl, a police officer and his brother were shot on February 12 when US and Afghan special forces stormed their home in Khataba village, outside Gardez in eastern Afghanistan."

US special forces 'tried to cover-up' botched Khataba raid in Afghanistan

"WASHINGTON - A string of alleged atrocities by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan is testing the military justice system and raising the possibility that American soldiers may face the death penalty for acts in countries where every street can be a battlefield.

Not since World War II have members of the U.S. military faced murder charges for killing prisoners. Not since the My Lai massacre during the Vietnam War have U.S. soldiers formally been accused of indiscriminately slaughtering innocent civilians.

In recent days, seven Marines and one sailor have been charged with the April murder of an Iraqi civilian in Hamdania, while four Army soldiers face premeditated murder charges for the deaths of three Iraqi detainees at Iraq's Thar Thar canal.

The military also is looking into allegations that several Marines massacred up to two dozen civilians in Haditha, Iraq, in November.

Eleven other soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan already have been tried in connection with the death of someone in their custody, but none received a death sentence. The one convicted of the most serious charge - premeditated murder - was sentenced to 25 years. Several others were convicted of, or pleaded guilty to, lesser charges.

A look at criminal cases stemming from the deaths of Iraqis since the war began in 2003:

CONVICTIONS:

-Staff Sgt. Cardenas J. Alban, convicted of killing a severely wounded 16-year-old Iraqi during fighting in Baghdad's Sadr City neighborhood. He was sentenced to one year's confinement, demoted to private and given a bad-conduct discharge.

-Staff Sgt. Johnny Horne Jr., pleaded guilty to unpremeditated murder in the same case as Alban. He was sentenced to three years in prison, had his rank reduced to private, forfeited wages and was given a dishonorable discharge. His prison sentence was later reduced to one year.

-Cpl. Dustin Berg of the Indiana National Guard, convicted and sentenced to serve 18 months in prison for the shooting death of an Iraqi police officer.

-Spc. Rami Dajani, convicted of making a false statement following the fatal shooting of an Iraqi translator. He was sentenced to 18 months' confinement and given a reduction in rank and bad-conduct discharge.

-Spc. Charley L. Hooser, convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the same case involving Dajani. Hooser was sentenced to three years in prison and given a reduction in rank and bad-conduct discharge.

-Capt. Rogelio "Roger" Maynulet, convicted of assault with intent to commit voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of a wounded Iraqi. He got no prison time but was dismissed from the armed forces.

-Pvt. Federico Daniel Merida of the North Carolina National Guard, pleaded guilty to killing a 17-year-old Iraqi soldier after the two had consensual sex. He was sentenced to 25 years in prison, given a reduction in rank and dishonorably discharged.

-Marine Maj. Clarke Paulus, convicted of dereliction of duty and maltreatment in a case stemming from the death of an Iraqi prisoner who was dragged out of his holding cell by the neck, stripped naked and left outside for seven hours in 2003. Paulus, who commanded a Marine detention camp in Iraq, was dismissed from the service but received no prison time.

-Sgt. 1st Class Tracy Perkins, acquitted of involuntary manslaughter in the alleged drowning of an Iraqi man but convicted of assault for forcing the man and his cousin into the Tigris River. He was sentenced to six months in prison.

-1st Lt. Jack Saville, pleaded guilty to assault and other crimes in the same incident as Perkins and was sentenced to 45 days in prison.

-Pfc. Edward Richmond, convicted of voluntary manslaughter for shooting an Iraqi in the back of the head. He received three years in prison.

-Sgt. Michael P. Williams, convicted one premeditated murder and unpremeditated murder in the deaths of unarmed civilians during operations near Sadr City. He was sentenced to life in prison and given a reduction in rank. His sentence was later reduced to 25 years.

-Spc. Brent May, convicted of unpremeditated murder in the same incident as Williams. He was sentenced to five years.

-Chief Warrant Officer Lewis Welshofer of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, found guilty of negligent homicide and negligent dereliction of duty in the death of Iraqi Maj. Gen. Abed Hamed Mowhoush after interrogation at a detention camp. A military jury ordered a reprimand and forfeiture of $6,000 of his salary, and restricted him to his home, office and church for two months.

CLEARED/ACQUITTED:
-Marine 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano, cleared of murder charges in the shooting deaths of two Iraqi civilians. Pantano had been accused of riddling the two with bullets and hanging a warning sign on their corpses as a grisly example to insurgents.

-Staff Sgt. Shane Werst, acquitted of premeditated murder in the shooting death of an unarmed Iraqi. Werst said he fired to save a fellow soldier.

PENDING CASES:

-Hospitalman Third Class Melson J. Bacos, Sgt. Lawrence G. Hutchins III, Lance Cpl. Tyler A. Jackson, Pfc. John J. Jodka, Cpl. Marshall L. Magincalda, Lance Cpl. Robert B. Pennington, Lance Cpl. Jerry E. Shumate, Jr. and Marine Cpl. Trent D. Thomas are charged with premeditated murder in the shooting death of an Iraqi man in Hamdania. All eight are also charged with kidnapping, conspiracy and other offenses.

-Pfc. Corey R. Clagett, Spc. Juston R. Graber, Staff Sgt. Raymond L. Girouard, and Spc. William B. Hunsaker are charged with the premeditated murder of three male detainees. Clagett, Girouard and Hunsaker are also charged with obstructing justice for allegedly threatening to kill another soldier who was a witness in the case.

-National Guard Sgt. Milton Ortiz, Jr. and Spc. Nathan B. Lynn are charged in the shooting death of an unarmed Iraqi man near Ramadi. Lynn is charged with voluntary manslaughter. Both he and Ortiz are also charged with obstructing justice. Ortiz also faces charges of assault and communicating a threat in a separate incident involving another Iraqi man.

-Chief Warrant Officer Jefferson L. Williams, Sgt. First Class William Sommer and Spc. Jerry Loper are charged with murder and dereliction of duty along with Welshofer in the incident resulting in the death of Maj. Gen. Mowhoush. The Army dropped the murder charges against Jefferson Williams and Loper in exchange for their testimony against Welshofer. The murder charge against Sommer was also dropped. Both Sommer and Williams face possible administrative discipline.

Iraq murder charges raise specter of rarely used military death sentence

The above is what I found in just a couple of minutes of searching with Google.

It doesn't include the butchery and wanton slaughter contained in the Wikileaks Collateral Murder Video.... but the first article does reference the scandal most recently confirmed by Wikileaks, via a State Department cable, where US Armed Forces in 2006 summarily executed an entire family, after disarming them .... and then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence:

"As revealed by a State Department diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks last week, US forces committed a heinous war crime during a house raid in Iraq in 2006, wherein one man, four women, two children, and three infants were summarily executed."

Article can be found at the following link:

Cables Reveal 2006 Summary Execution of Civilian Family in Iraq

And original State Department cable can be read in it's entirely here:

06GENEVA763, COMMUNICATION FROM SRS ON ESA EXECUTIONS REGARDING

The US government and military has been repeatedly caught attempting to deny, cover up, and lie about various incidents such as above. And the above is only some portion of what is known and documented ... there's no telling how much more there may be that is still being concealed.

Or how much more I might have found had I spent more than 5 minutes on searching - the above barely scratches the surface on Afghanistan.

Of course, if one is of the fanatical, bloodthirsty, "kill-em-all-and-let-Allah-sort-em-out", devoid-of-any-shred-of-humanity mindset, then the above is just merely something to flippantly attempt to explain away as being "necessary" or "an accident" ..... as they stand in reverence before Old Glory, contemplating how "heroic" and "great" our armed forces, and we as a nation, are ... with a tear rolling down their cheek ... (gag, vomit)

And Bahnsen wants to characterize Lew Rockwell as a lunatic ..... really ?

....... are you freakin' serious ?

Bahnsen is a lunatic, not Rockwell .... and by your own previous comments here on EO, I have little doubt as to where you fit into that picture.

BAM !

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
So you took some questionable examples like Haditha and the collateral damage video and somehow think you have proved all the military is scum? Do you attack blacks, Hispanics, and oriental people the same way? After all we know all blacks will rob and rape, Hispanics will stab you, and we know not to talk about how bad orientals drive because they all know karate. :rolleyes: You are really losing any credibility for yourself and Ron Paul if that is the type of garbage that is being used to support him. You found some bad apples and people that had mental breakdowns after being put in horrible situations so you are condemning the whole group, what a pile of absolute garbage that statement is.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited: