Things picking up any?

MISSBUDDY

Seasoned Expediter
Hi everyone....Are things picking up any? My Husband and I are still wanting to drive a straight truck for someone, Just waiting to hear if things are picking up any and what you think the future will be in the Expediting.......Thanks for any info, Things have been pretty quiet in here so we are hopeing that means your all on the move with loads..........MISSBUDDY & Buddy.................The picture is the REAL Buddy

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for any info, Things have been pretty quiet in here so we are hopeing that means your all on the move with loads.

Not for me,, not total dead but really really slow, Got work just no big miles...I was just told yesterday one of the fleet owners has signed new contract for 1 $ mile for his fleet,,Hope thats not true and just a bad rumor coming from his driver....:confused:

Cant answer why ya think its quiet in here??? Maybe trucks and laptops are parked due to lack of work for some...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I am not in a Straight truck, just a lowly CV, but since the 2nd week of jan it has been slower then the last 3 months of last yr. Its not the end of the world slow, just slower. I have been out of sevice for 2 weeks because of an accident, and came back this week, I had 5 runs in 4 days then yesterday, nothing.....so who knows, i might sit here in ky all weekend........

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picking up quite well...seen a lot of chain gangs out on the interstates picking up the littering garbage!:D

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
The 1st three months of any year are never as busy as the last three months.the revenue is down,but you can stay busy if your in the right place at the right time.
Last week we got home tuesday night,hope for a long stay,and we loaded back out thursday afternoon,guess 1 day was my long stay.That makes up for the week we got stuck on the last load,but thats another story

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure how this last weekend has been. We have been home since Friday night. Not going back in service until Wednesday afternoon. We're having recalls repair/replaced on the truck, boot shifter replace because of a leak, and when we go pick up the truck Wednesday, we have to go get the front steer tires replaced. Then we will be back in service, finally. Hoping to get at least one load before Easter weekend.