Thanks to all

docmurray

Expert Expediter
Have been following threads, looking at archives and generally investigating this industry.

Took delivery of a new Sprinter last night and sign on with Express-1 next week. Will be driving solo.

Your posts and comments have been a tremundous help.

Thank you all.

"DOC"

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good luck!
Hope it works out well for you:)
Once you start I am sure you will have a host of other questions.
You more than likely will find the answers here
Davekc

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks for the nice comments,sometimes we take it on the chin.Glad EO helped you and keep posting..:9

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Good Luck! I really can not speak for Sprinters but I have straight trucks with Express1. I have driven for them and now own with them and have a freind that was there a number of years. You will love it. Like I said, not sure about Sprinters and the money in it, I hear it is good, but as a company you will enjoy it. Be prepaired to answer by name and not truck number. I used to run for another company and for a long time I thought my name was 210. Then got to Express1 and remembered Mom and Dad did give me a name. you will be happy, i am sure of it. good luck

raceman

Sprinting

Expert Expediter
Good luck Doc!! I too just purchased a new sprinter. I have been driving for an owner of a van, and love the job, so I'm going to try the o/o. And also want to thank everyone on here for all the great advice. I have soaked in so much from all these forums. I wish I had taken notes on names, because some of it was so helpful in making this decision. Keep us posted on how you set up your van, taking notes there. I'm leased to Port Huron Express, in Michigan, so blow the horn if you see me!!:7

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
good luck on sprinter
one thing i did to my sprinter is put roller's in the floor
as i haul 4 pallet's most every time i leave out the egl
and they go on with easy and come off with easy
just have to have them scured before you take off or could have
the load on ground in parking lot

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Since we are talking about Sprinters and Good Luck, one of my drivers wants to get into that and has bugged me to death about buying one. I am not in a position to do so nor do I want to handle that as an owner for her to drive but am trying to help her. I took her to FYDA Freightliner here in town and she got some info while in Ill. She was looking at the Dodge and I showed her the Freightliner. Is there any real difference in those two? Price was only $16.00 difference, Really. $16.00. Any input I can pass along to her.
Thanks

raceman

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
I'm pretty sure the $16.00 price difference is because it takes more letters to spell "freightliner" than it does to spell "dodge". Those nameplates don't come cheap, and somebody has to absorb the cost. When Ford introduces their new van it should cost even less, if the rule of letters in the name holds true. Just an observation. Have a nice day.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Just ran into one our Sprinter drivers getting his Transmission ser., he brought his own filters ( Stoops had none in stock ) and his bill was 250.00.

Sprinting

Expert Expediter
I have heard of others on here complaining about the sprinter transmisions, but on one of these forums, one guy said his mechanic told him to load and unload with it in neutral with the emergency brake on and wheels chocked. I made note of that and am practicing it faithfully, made good sense to me.You can't remove the key in that situation. Not that all hi-lo drivers should be named Crunch, but things do happen! I sure am loving mine up to now. Just thought I would share that info, in case you missed it on here.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
If you want a deal, just wait until GMC comes out with the same style truck. It will cost one letter less than a Ford. :+ :+

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
DocMurray,

By all means please keep in touch and share with us your progress.

Best wishes!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
It's nice to see people follow though,you've done your reseacher and are gonna take a chance.The Sprinter is a Benz,the name plate is just a name plate Freightliner, now Dodge.