sprinter power loss 2003 can anybody help?

tentoes

Seasoned Expediter
hello, looking for someone who has had this problem, read about turbo resonators and cracked hoses, any places i can go to see some breakdown pics

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hello, looking for someone who has had this problem, read about turbo resonators and cracked hoses, any places i can go to see some breakdown pics

Does the power come back when you turn off the van and restart?...till it kicks out again?

tentoes

Seasoned Expediter
Hello Mr. OntarioVanMan: I was 15 miles from home, at 11:30 last night when it lost power. So, I made it home, and this morning I drove for about 20 miles and it seemed o.k., it had the normal power. I read some threads about turbo resonator and cracked hoses (which mine doesn't have). I am currently cleaning the EGR. I read an old thread from "turtle" about the turbo boost solenoid may need to be checked and he mentioned cleaning the EGR also. There was a little bit of oil under the cap where the actuator cam is located. Not sure if that means anything, or not, it was not a lot of oil. thank you

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
You might already know this but the best way to clean an EGR is with Brake fluid. Doesn't damage the componants and carbon is less likely to stick to the metal in the future.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

If you can get up to around 65, more than likly it is the EGR. Driving on flat ground if it's in the turbo system, would not show anything. Runs like it should. Put a load on it and go up hill, and you can not get over 35, it is in the turbo system. My first Limp Home Mode, was a very small split in the upper intake hose. Fixed that and a few weeks later, same thing. I replaced resonator replaced with the, non-failure type. Still had the LHM. Turbo inter cooler was replaced after a check showed it had a leak. It took me about 4 hours to change it.

Could be something else.

Engine light come on?