Sprinter Assembly Plant in Germany:video

guido4475

Not a Member
Real good video, real informative.I think the sprinter is an awesome vehicle, it is just the costs during ownership that I do not like.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've seen the new Fords and talked with an engineer at their proving grounds in AZ. He claims all the short comings of Sprinters have been addressed and taken care of. Lower costs of maintenance, less body rust, parts and service availability, 3 body lengths, 3 wheelbases, 3 body heights, 3 engine choices, 52" between wheel wells (even duals) and one engine that's getting a consistent 26 mpg. I'm just going to drive my CV until their ready. He said at least 1 year, possibly 14 months from right now. And I addressed the 10,000 law, he says their very aware and we will like what's coming for Expeditors. But, no Expeditors Package is currently planned. I suggested factory installed Espar, generator, inverter, extra separated battery and stand alone a/c. He had no idea if this was possible but said he would pass the comments along.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anytime that stuff is factory installed its double the price of supermarket. Have to remember also expedite is a very small market.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I liked the Sprinter while I had it. The high maintenance costs I could have done without, though. Also, finding out that getting service for it was only slightly less difficult than getting a Rolls Royce worked on.

If Ford backs their Transit vans the way they've supported the E-series vans, they may have a winner. Daimler fell apart on service after the sale, in my opinion. Only a handful of Mercedes, Freightliner or Dodge dealers would touch the Sprinter, few other mechanics will work on it, and that often means a tow of forty or more miles, while a Chevy or Ford would only have to be towed a handful of miles at the most.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You will still have ford dealers not able to work on them because of height but even then the network is huge compared to Sprinters.

I don't see maintenance costs being a lot different. New vehicle parts are expensive these days for all brands.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I guess everyone know what Ford stands for backwards.

Ford "DRIVER RETURNS ON FOOT'.

Don't take it serious, just a joke.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Real good video, real informative.I think the sprinter is an awesome vehicle, it is just the costs during ownership that I do not like.[/QUOT

I have said it before and I'll say it again. It is all in the way a person takes care of the vehicle

Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums