Saving a fellow expeditors life!

safetyman

Seasoned Expediter
Received a call from a fellow expeditor from Bolt express letting me know that one of our Allstate Express Drivers - Unit B-164 - Miguel Buenafe had saved his life! They were sitting at a truck stop in Laredo, TX when someone's truck had caught on fire. Everyone had thought the Bolt driver was not in the truck but Miguel wasn't so sure and even after being told by the police and others to stay back because the truck that was on fire was going to blow at any moment he raced over and starting beating on the doors and sides of the van until the bolt driver heard him and got up and got out in time. The Bolt driver didn't get a chance to get our drivers name or even tell him thank you because he got gone. He just wanted to us to know what he did and for us to tell him thank you on his behalf. I called Miguel and thanked him on behalf of the Bolt driver, Allstate Express and all fellow Expeditors out there looking out for one another.

Thanks,
Safetyman

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Very glad to hear that everyone made it out safe and sound! It's the little things and BIG things like this that make life on the road tolerable. Thanks to the Bolt Express driver for the bravery!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very glad to hear that everyone made it out safe and sound! It's the little things and BIG things like this that make life on the road tolerable. Thanks to the Bolt Express driver for the bravery!

sounds like you got it backwards Lawrence..thank the All State driver...

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
maybe eo could have award like goodyear has for the big trucks

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Let know who the driver is, I would like to send him a $100.00 gift card.

safetyman

Seasoned Expediter
Thank You Bruno!!!

Unit B-164 - Miguel Buenafe C/O AllState Express, Inc. I will see that he gets this.

Safetyman