ready to jump back in

reddog69

Expert Expediter
How can someone make more money. Drive otr or drive for an owner in expedite. I have done expedite, cargo van and straight truck. I have not done otr but do have cdl a w/hz. Any help would be appreciated.

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
Man Reddog, there are so many variables involved in that question - the right rig, the right carrier, the right owner, your driving/maintenance/work schedules . . . and then on top of all that will freight, or more accurately profitable freight be available?

We drive D unit husbandand wife team and get a percentage of the gross. When we read of others in solo units or vans and how much they CAN make we appreciate our choice.

And then when we read dollars available to class A OTR drivers or listen to how much money the drivers are actually ending up with after class A expenses, it's amazing they can feed themselves and their families.

But we've also heard of some SWEET class A O/O deals that make us look like paupers.

We've driven for cents per mile and won't go back to that after being O/O's. One thing I remember at decision times like your experiencing - an old Economics Prof I had in college once said, "You'll never get rich working for someone else. You get rich through capital gains".

Great topic, looking forward to all the inputs from everyone!

The Gibster