No communication to DCU

jquijada

Rookie Expediter
Mechanic
First post on here, looking for some help from whoever may be familiar with working on Hinos. I have 2013 Hino 268 that I can’t talk to the DCU. I can scan every other module and I don’t get any loss of communication to DCU codes, but it wont read that module. Have gotten a hold of ECU CAN diagrams and DCU CAN diagrams and have gone through it with no luck in finding any problem. Also checked power and ground supply to DCU with no issue there. Even tried tester ECM and DCU off another working truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
First, disconnect any eld or GPS or any other aftermarket device that taps into the CAN. This has sent me barking up the wrong tree more times than I care to admit. You may need to do some digging to find devices that were hidden well to prevent tampering.

Second, I would try replacing the entire 16 pin connector. Get one with wire pigtails pre installed. I've found that the terminals in that connector get a little corrosion, and the terminals tend to get pretty loose, especially if there's a gps or eld or whatever plugged into it all the time.

Last edited: