Nasa's New "Mission".....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," Charles Bolden said.

Yeah, that just makes me want to hurl. Almost as much as when they had that Jew on the Shuttle. What's next, the US and Russia cooperating in space?

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," Charles Bolden said.

Yeah, that just makes me want to hurl. Almost as much as when they had that Jew on the Shuttle.

Hardly the same thing and if you're pointing the finger that I'm prejudiced against Muslims, you're right, I am. I don't recall the Jews wanting to take our heads off.

and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

How nice that we're now being assigned to "make them feel good about their historic contribution" as we crap on Britain (remember the Churchill bust) while holding the people of Arizona and Louisiana hostage.

It's about priorities.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And some people wonder why entire groups of people are hated.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Back in 1975 a date and I were robbed at gunpoint in a parking garage in downtown Cincinnati by a black man. Therefore, I hate all black people. This purely rational hatred was reinforced when I was once again robbed at gunpoint outside of a restaurant in Nashville in 1986. Now I really hate 'em all. A few years ago a couple of white kids threw a couple of rocks that broke a window in my house. As a result, I hate all white kids. They're all up to no good, are not to be trusted, and should be hated. A couple of weeks ago I was flipped off by a female truck driver because she got out in the hammer lane and couldn't figure out how to get back over, for 15 miles, so I passed her on the right just as she finally figured out how to get back over. She then berated me on the CB because I drive for Panther, saying that all Panther drivers are scum and a danger to others on the road. It works both ways, obviously, but at least now I have a valid, sane and perfectly rational reason to hate all women truck drivers.

I figure everybody's your friend, or nobody is, doesn't make much difference either way. Life's a beach and I hate the sand.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
sourceAP.standard.gif

Three decades of wars, massacres and sectarian killings have left Iraq with as many as a million widows, by Iraqi government count.

Hameeda Ayed is one of them. At 45, with three children aged 10, 12 and 15, she is part of a vast sisterhood in a tortured land, and for the more than 100,000 who lost their husbands in the U.S.-led invasion and violent aftermath, the struggling postwar government is of little help.

She makes ends meet by selling snacks and sodas from her home in a Shiite enclave of southern Baghdad where she moved from a Sunni area after her husband died in the tit-for-tat killings of 2007.

"Our life has been turned into misery and desperation," she said. "This is what we got from occupation and the dreams of democracy: orphans, widows, homeless, displaced and fugitives."

Besides the invasion, this nation of 27 million has gone through the 1980-88 war with Iran, the 1991 Gulf war, and Saddam Hussein's brutal campaigns against the Shiites and Kurds in the 1980s and 1990s.

The widows gather in dusty cemeteries. They squat on the dirt by their husbands' graves, sobbing and murmuring remembrances under a merciless sun. Children sit in their shadows, clinging to their mothers' flowing black robes.
It's all good. They're all Muslims, and the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim. Onward Christian Soldiers

We sang "Onward, Christian Soldiers" indeed, and I felt that this was no vain presumption, but that we had the right to feel that we serving a cause for the sake of which a trumpet has sounded from on high. When I looked upon that densely packed congregation of fighting men of the same language, of the same faith, of the same fundamental laws, of the same ideals ... it swept across me that here was the only hope, but also the sure hope, of saving the world from measureless degradation. - Winston Churchill

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!

At the sign of triumph Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
Brothers lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.

Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
One in hope and purpose, one in charity.

What the saints established that I hold for true.
What the saints believèd, that I believe too.
Long as earth endureth, men the faith will hold,
Kingdoms, nations, empires, in destruction rolled.

Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
But the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise, and that cannot fail.

Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor unto Christ the King,
This through countless ages men and angels sing.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Obviously your shell has shrunk from the heat and is pressing on your brain. Come out of there and do more studying, this time focus on the big picture, world wide, and what the intentions of this "religion of peace" really are.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Power Line - Obama tasks NASA with building Muslim self-esteem

In the video below, Charles Bolden, head of NASA, tells Al Jazeera that the "foremost" task President Obama has given him is "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with predominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering." Thus, NASA's primary mission is no longer to enhance American science and engineering or to explore space, but to boost the self-esteem of "predominantly Muslim nations." Exploring space didn't even make the top three things Obama wants Bolden to accomplish. The other two are "re-inspire children to want to get into science and math" and "expand our international relationships,"

This is more evidence, if any were needed, of Obama's lack of interest in American achievement or, indeed, American greatness. He seems to believe we've achieved enough (or perhaps too much) and that the trick now is to make nations that have achieved little for centuries feel like we couldn't have done it without them (in the video, Bolden goes on to talk about how much NASA owes the Russians and the Japanese).

Behind the bravado of the Muslim world there may well lie an inferiority complex. If so, Obama is a fool if he believes we can help Muslims overcome that complex by having the head of the agency that symbolizes our technical superiority make patronizing statements about ancient Muslim contributions to science.

From Charles Krauthammer

Gateway Pundit

Charles Krauthammer on Obama’s new NASA strategy:

This is a new of fatuousness. NASA was established to get America into space and to keep us there. This idea of ‘feel good about your past’ scientific achievements is the worst kind of group therapy, psycho-babble, imperial condescension and adolescent diplomacy. If I didn’t know that Obama had told him this, I’d demand the firing of Charles Bolden.”

Don’t hold back, Charles.

Byron York reported on Obama’s new NASA mission this weekend:

Obama

In a far-reaching restatement of goals for the nation’s space agency, NASA administrator Charles Bolden says President Obama has ordered him to pursue three new objectives: to “re-inspire children” to study science and math, to “expand our international relationships,” and to “reach out to the Muslim world.” Of those three goals, Bolden said in a recent interview with al-Jazeera, the mission to reach out to Muslims is “perhaps foremost,” because it will help Islamic nations “feel good” about their scientific accomplishments.

In the same interview, Bolden also said the United States, which first sent men to the moon in 1969, is no longer capable of reaching beyond low earth orbit without help from other nations

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Funny ,
up until WE allowed Iran to join the exclusive club ,(2009),only 9 country's had the capability of Launching into space and placing satellites into orbit .
none of them are Muslim nations .
guess hoe's the new perspective partner Obama is aiming at ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Obviously your shell has shrunk from the heat and is pressing on your brain.
Why is it that when someone disagrees with you, you immediately take a personal shot at them?

Come out of there and do more studying, this time focus on the big picture, world wide, and what the intentions of this "religion of peace" really are.
This has nothing to do with my not thinking properly or the inability to see the big picture. It's the big picture that I'm looking at, actually, rather than looking at it solely from the point of view of an American Christian who thinks that the intentions of "our" religion of peace is more better and more right than "their" religion of peace, and that "our" atrocities are somehow less worse than "their" atrocities.

The biggest difference, however, is the simple fact that I'm aware that not all Muslims are Muslim extremists and want us dead. That's why they're called extremists.

What Obama is doing is not dangerous, but in the end will be meaningless. He's trying to reverse the culture of hate between Muslims and Americans. It's admirable, but it won't work, any more than forced integration resulted in a great and peaceful color blind homogeneity of races in this country. Muslims think they're right. Christians know they're right. In the end they're both wrong.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Former NASA Director Says Muslim Outreach Push 'Deeply Flawed'

By Judson Berger
Published July 06, 2010
FoxNews.com
FOXNews.com - Former NASA Director Says Muslim Outreach Push 'Deeply Flawed'

The former head of NASA on Tuesday described as "deeply flawed" the idea that the space exploration agency's priority should be outreach to Muslim countries, after current Administrator Charles Bolden made that assertion in an interview last month.

"NASA ... represents the best of America. Its purpose is not to inspire Muslims or any other cultural entity," Michael Griffin, who served as NASA administrator during the latter half of the Bush administration, told FoxNews.com.

Bolden created a firestorm after telling Al Jazeera last month that President Obama told him before he took the job that he wanted him to do three things: inspire children to learn math and science, expand international relationships and "perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."

Officials from the White House and NASA on Tuesday stood by Bolden's statement that part of his mission is to improve relations with Muslim countries --though NASA backed off the claim that such international diplomacy is Bolden's "foremost" responsibility. *lol can you say..CYA

Griffin said Tuesday that collaboration with other countries, including Muslim nations, is welcome and should be encouraged -- but that it would be a mistake to prioritize that over NASA's "fundamental mission" of space exploration.

"If by doing great things, people are inspired, well then that's wonderful," Griffin said. "If you get it in the wrong order ... it becomes an empty shell."

Griffin added: "That is exactly what is in danger of happening."

He also said that while welcome, Muslim-nation cooperation is not vital for U.S. advancements in space exploration.

"There is no technology they have that we need," Griffin said.

The former administrator stressed that any criticism should be directed at Obama, not Bolden, since NASA merely carries out policy.

The White House stood by Bolden on Tuesday. Spokesman Nick Shapiro said in a written statement to FoxNews.com that Obama "wants NASA to engage with the world's best scientists and engineers as we work together to push the boundaries of exploration.

"Meeting that mandate requires NASA to partner with countries around the world like Russia and Japan, as well as collaboration with Israel and with many Muslim-majority countries. The space race began as a global competition, but, today, it is a global collaboration," he said.

Bob Jacobs, NASA's assistant administrator for public affairs, echoed that point. However, he said that Bolden was speaking of priorities when it came to "outreach" and not about NASA's primary missions of "science, aeronautics and space exploration." He said the "core mission" is exploration and that it was unfortunate Bolden's comments are now being viewed through a "partisan prism."

Though the Al Jazeera interview drew widespread attention, it wasn't the first time Bolden made the assertion.

A Feb. 16 blog in the Orlando Sentinel reported that Bolden discussed the outreach during a lecture to engineering students. As he did in the interview with Al Jazeera last month, Bolden was quoted then saying Obama told him to "find ways to reach out to dominantly Muslim countries."

He reportedly talked about the importance of helping countries establish space programs and pointed to the largest Muslim country in the world, Indonesia, as a possible partner.

"We really like Indonesia because the State Department, the Department of Education (and) other agencies in the U.S. are reaching out to Indonesia as the largest Muslim nation in the world," he said.

Bolden did not describe such outreach as his prime mission at the time.

The NASA administrator was in the Middle East last month marking the one-year anniversary since Obama delivered an address to Muslim nations in Cairo. Bolden spoke in June at the American University in Cairo, and in the interview with Al Jazeera he described space travel as an international collaboration of which Muslim nations must be a part.

"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," he said.

He held up the International Space Station as a model, praising the contributions there from the Russians and the Chinese.

However, Bolden denied the suggestion that he was on a diplomatic mission. "Not at all. It's not a diplomatic anything," he said.

He also said the United States is not going to travel beyond low-Earth orbit on its own and that no country is going to make it to Mars without international help.

Griffin disputed this point. He said the U.S. can still make those strides without international aid if it wishes, and that, "To the extent that we wish to go to Mars, we can go to Mars."

Griffin said the U.S. should in fact seek international cooperation for those missions, but that it would be "clearly false" to suggest the U.S. needs that cooperation.

Bolden has faced criticism this year for overseeing the cancellation of the agency's Constellation program, which was building new rockets and spaceships capable of returning astronauts to the moon. Stressing the importance of international cooperation in future missions, Bolden told Al Jazeera that the moon, Mars and asteroids are still planned destinations for NASA.

* added by me *lol can you say..CYA

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's really not newsworthy at all. It's a manufactured "angry event" to get people all riled up and frothy, mainly for ratings. I wonder how many people here have actually clicked the link and watched the entire 21 minute and 54 second interview? I'm guessing not very many. It's easier to take the context from Fox News, who we all know is painfully fair and balanced, than it is to actually watch the interview with no preconceptions or prejudging going on. But that would require effort.

I mean, why bother learning when ignorance is instantaneous? Why bother to look at all the information, when you're only concerned with the part that confirms what you already believe?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One benefit of having satellite TV in the truck is the LINK channel, which carries Al Jazeera television news. You get to see things from a slightly different perspective. Ironically, they're fair and balanced, even when it makes Muslims looks bad, really bad.

Back to our regularly scheduled senseless freakin' out.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bolden's interview is mostly feel-good BS, but there's one segment that IMHO is revealing about the way the Barack Hussein Obama agenda is being framed. He describes the competitors in the various national space as being similar to the teams playing in the World Cup - fierce competitors during competition, but after the games are over they'll all sit down together and have a pint in celebration of their efforts. If this is how the Obama administration truly views muslim participation on the world stage - space programs and otherwise - they are more dangerously naive than anyone ever imagined. I confess to having given up on the interview after about 16 minutes, but that was enough to realize that Bolden's mission was to promote the "why can't we all just get along" nonsense as much as possible. The muslims will get along with everyone else just fine so long as they get everything they want; but Barack Hussein Obama knows that already.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If this is how the Obama administration truly views muslim participation on the world stage - space programs and otherwise - they are more dangerously naive than anyone ever imagined.
Naive pretty much nails it. Liberals are all about the Utopian, and think that if they believe it, really, really hard, then others will all get along. But just like most other feel-good things, they don't bother to consider the consequences, the ramifications, both the inevitable and the unintended. He's trying to get along with non-extremist Muslims, while ignoring (and/or fighting) the extremists, but as much as the regular Muslims don't like the extremists, they won't ignore them because they're Muslims, too. He's walking a very line line that can't be walked.

The whole deal with NASA and Muslims is meaningless, but it does illustrate not so much Obama's agenda as it illustrates flawed and naive thinking. We already know his agenda (and it's not to let Muslims take over America, sheesh). He's trying to project American cultural values onto another culture, which he's certainly not the first to do. We have quite a history of that. The problem is he thinks it'll work, just like when we don't waterboard or torture prisoners, others will follow our lead and do like we do. They won't.

The muslims will get along with everyone else just fine so long as they get everything they want; but Barack Hussein Obama knows that already.
Well, the "as long as they get everything they want" really only applies to Muslim extremists, which most Muslims are not. But the problem with Obama is that he really doesn't even know that.

You seem to think he's a Muslim, but he's as much a Muslim as he is a Christian. The term Muslim means one to submits, totally, to Allah. Obama shows zero signs of even having taken the first step towards submitting to anything other than his own narcissistic godliness. He's a devout Obamuslim. (I was gonna use Obamaslim, but that sounds like a new weight loss pill)

If he knew the first thing about what a Muslim is, he wouldn't be trying to placate them with feel-good inclusive "let's all get along because we all have the same worth" crap, because they're totally seeing through it all. We as a Christian nation have participated in a systematic slaughtering of Muslims, and when he says "We like you, we really like you!" their BS meter goes off. Instead of trying to artificially include Muslims in our business, he needs to spend more time getting our business out of their business so that we can mind our own business and stay out of theirs. Historically, Muslims will leave you along if you leave them alone, but if you start messin' with them, they tend to kind of sort of overreact.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Lost our sense of humor, have we??
Not at all. I've got a hеlluva sense of humor. But when you take a shot like that and then immediately follow it up by telling me that I need to do more studying (implicit that I'm ignorant on the subject at hand) and that I need to look at the world-wide bigger picture (implicit that I'm closed minded with no critical thinking skills), it doesn't come off as being humor. It comes off as sardonic marginalizing. That's probably the least most effective way to participate in any debate. It certainly isn't the best way to win friends and influence people to your mode of thinking.

My original rhetorical question stands. When someone disagrees with you, instead of sticking with the issues and arguing them on their merits, if one doesn't fully understand the issues and is instead basing their argument on emotions (in your case here, the emotion of an admitted prejudice), then the only argument in an emotional one, usually some type of personal attack.

The BEST illustration of that is your response right here, where you completely dismissed as irrelevant my response to the issues of not looking at the big picture, and why I am, in fact, looking at it world wide (and you are not), and focused solely on me and my alleged sense of humor lost. This isn't about me, it's about the issues, and the emotional pseudo-importance that some people place on them. If you can argue that from an intellectual rather than an emotional perspective without taking personal shots at those who don't agree with you, great, I'm all for it. Otherwise, not interested.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Not at all. I've got a hеlluva sense of humor. But when you take a shot like that and then immediately follow it up by telling me that I need to do more studying (implicit that I'm ignorant on the subject at hand) and that I need to look at the world-wide bigger picture (implicit that I'm closed minded with no critical thinking skills), it doesn't come off as being humor. It comes off as sardonic marginalizing. That's probably the least most effective way to participate in any debate. It certainly isn't the best way to win friends and influence people to your mode of thinking.

My original rhetorical question stands. When someone disagrees with you, instead of sticking with the issues and arguing them on their merits, if one doesn't fully understand the issues and is instead basing their argument on emotions (in your case here, the emotion of an admitted prejudice), then the only argument in an emotional one, usually some type of personal attack.

The BEST illustration of that is your response right here, where you completely dismissed as irrelevant my response to the issues of not looking at the big picture, and why I am, in fact, looking at it world wide (and you are not), and focused solely on me and my alleged sense of humor lost. This isn't about me, it's about the issues, and the emotional pseudo-importance that some people place on them. If you can argue that from an intellectual rather than an emotional perspective without taking personal shots at those who don't agree with you, great, I'm all for it. Otherwise, not interested.

Wow and my response was AFTER you went through your "onward Christian soldier" bull crap that I didn't refer to. BTW, aren't you glad you live in a country where you can still hold Christians up for ridicule.....too bad it's not politically correct to criticize other groups.

If you're so "not interested", please don't feel obligated to reply to any of my posts. You don't get to decide what is posted from an intellectual or emotional perspective, sorry.

GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY......

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow and my response was AFTER you went through your "onward Christian soldier" bull crap that I didn't refer to.
It's not bull crap. If you think it is, let's here why. Especially since it wasn't directed towards you. That Churchill quote could have been said word for word by a Muslim Imam. They think they're right, we think we're right, and because we are we, we think we're the most right. And both are dead wrong. Also, when you replied is irrelevant, you still avoided the actual issues.

BTW, aren't you glad you live in a country where you can still hold Christians up for ridicule.....too bad it's not politically correct to criticize other groups.
Yes I am.

If you're so "not interested", please don't feel obligated to reply to any of my posts.
Don't worry, I don't feel obligated to reply to any post, yours included. Some chains are just really easy to yank, so sometimes I can't help myself.

You don't get to decide what is posted from an intellectual or emotional perspective, sorry.
No, but I do get to comment on it.

GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY......
Are you kidding me? You're the one who brought me into this! You take a personal shot at me, can't intelligently stick to the issues, and then tell me to get over myself?! That's just hilariously awesome. Whatcha gonna do next, stick your tongue out at me?

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Are you kidding me? You're the one who brought me into this! You take a personal shot at me, can't intelligently stick to the issues, and then tell me to get over myself?! That's just hilariously awesome. Whatcha gonna do next, stick your tongue out at me?

Actually, it's another body part that I'm holding up to you right now, telling you that you're number 1........can you feel the love?:cool: