My Next Cargo van. The Nissan NV

Toronto40

Seasoned Expediter
Nissans new commercial cargo van is pretty impressive and its alot cheaper than the sprinter.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Not too really say anything negative, but there's been like 6 threads started here in the last month or so that covers this thing already.

So..to continue the same discussion.....nice van, would not have one for Expediting purposes.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
lol yea there are more then a view threads on this....and most all of them point out the "overly long" available cargo floor...a big 10 ft..:rolleyes: a real sprinter killer....lol...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In no way comparable to a sprinter but could be compared to a short cargo van so that is what you need to compare prices to.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
For a regular cargo van it would be my first choice if I were to buy a brand new one. Price is better than anything American and list of features Is a mile long

fired at you from my Droideka

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The high top wouldn't be too bad but there are already a concern with toppling over with high center of gravity.

They look OK, I mean if you are a Nissan fan (which I'm a GT-R fan but that's it), you may get all *** over the thing and salivate at the thought of adding the super duper sprinter killer van to your stable of vehicles. But if you have in that stable of vehicles that include a GT-R, I wonder about your mental stability that causes you to be in this profession in the first place while owning that corvette killer.

I understand they are getting a bit better than 12, the last thing I heard from the group running them into the ground for Nissan is 18 is average with 24 on the high side.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The high top wouldn't be too bad but there are already a concern with toppling over with high center of gravity.

They look OK, I mean if you are a Nissan fan (which I'm a GT-R fan but that's it), you may get all *** over the thing and salivate at the thought of adding the super duper sprinter killer van to your stable of vehicles. But if you have in that stable of vehicles that include a GT-R, I wonder about your mental stability that causes you to be in this profession in the first place while owning that corvette killer.

I understand they are getting a bit better than 12, the last thing I heard from the group running them into the ground for Nissan is 18 is average with 24 on the high side.

Is that the full size high topper model?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Don't know, I would assume it was the same one that drove around Detroit during the auto show which was a high top but shorty.

Either way, it seems that the American market, including Canada but excluding Mexico doesn't get the high mileage vehicles like the Ford Fiesta Diesel or the other MB sprinter models - which is really sad but alas we don't want to harmonize our regs with the EU.

By the way, the big stink being made about the gas prices here in the former motor city is that it is going to hurt GM. I thought it was funny when they said this for the millionth time yesterday, seeing GM was trying to sell the idea on better and more fuel efficient vehicles in their product line up when they got that Obama money.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
They are not really selling, they are leasing and this will again bite them on their a** when the market dumps more lease returns in 18 months. They didn't learn a thing from their poor management that drove them into the ground which is the same management that they have - they are still trying to expand their sub-prime sales/lease program by pushing it with the banks on how good the deal is.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
For a regular cargo van it would be my first choice if I were to buy a brand new one. Price is better than anything American and list of features Is a mile long

fired at you from my Droideka

A week after you get it, you will get it.:cool:
Oh yes, leave any luggage at home, no coolers, refrigerators, heaters, allowed or if you would like to take them along go to Lowe's and buy a small utility trailer to carry them in.( insert smiley face)

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Link to ad please :waves:
Well, they don't advertise 12 MPG. In fact, Nissan hasn't yet released any fuel economy numbers for the van. Since the GCWR is above 8500 pounds, they don't have to. They say the numbers will meet or beat the competition, but the first real-world test drive yielded 12.1 MPG.

Also, the competition they are talking about is the Ford E-350, the GMC Savannah and the Chevy Express and a few pickups. Nissan, far as I know, has never mentioned the Sprinter by name like they have the others.

They are not targeted at expediters by a long shot. They are targeted at people who will be doing local hauling.Their (at least initially) target customers are those who used to drive vans but have since moved to pickup trucks and would like to go back to a van. They will hold two skids, period. If you want to have any space reserved for living space, you've got 2 feet to work with if you still want to haul two skids.

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
It is ironic to me that Nissan is introducing a full size van while Ford, the leader in full size, is doing quite well with the Transit Connect.

limeymike

Seasoned Expediter
It is ironic to me that Nissan is introducing a full size van while Ford, the leader in full size, is doing quite well with the Transit Connect.

Ford has a better van than the E series in Europe. They make so much money in the US with the old vans why bring the full size transit to the US. Follow the money if you want answers. Same goes for GM products.