MT Select Escrow Account Refund

hstough

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I need advice and tips on dealing with a shady settlement. I left MT Select as a lease operator on good terms 45 days ago. I had roughly $6000 in my escrow and maintenance account. Before leaving the company, the truck had its PM along with a warranty repair. I received my settlement for the refund of my escrow and maintenance account and they say I owe them $3000. They deducted "repairs & maintenance" from the account. I have asked for an itemized list of repairs and a history of repairs on the truck prior to when I began driving it. It seems very unethical to deduct such general items, on a truck that was just serviced, and that is still completely under warranty.

It is my experience that most trucking companies do this, but this one just does not make sense. Any suggestions or advice on dealing with this company?

hstough

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
If, in your experience, most trucking companies do this,

What is it that doesn't make sense with this one?

I understand that most trucking companies do this, but is it ethical? The language they use is very vague. I drove the truck for 6 months, it was a brand new truck still covered under warranty. $6000 in repairs and maintenance on a new truck that just had a PM, isn’t mathing.