Lift Axle Installation

Eastex

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone on the forum have experience with having a lift axle installed on a straight truck? I am considering installing one on a KW T300 and would appreciate any info regarding cost, problems, down time, etc.
Thanks

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone on the forum have experience with having a lift axle installed on a straight truck? I am considering installing one on a KW T300 and would appreciate any info regarding cost, problems, down time, etc.
Thanks

Your main consideration will be placement. Many times, the location of the existing drive axle prevents optimum placement of the lift.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Id find a place like Chrome Shop Mafia or another customizer Upfitter who had done these and call them, Im sure theres advantages, and considerations. Ive called those guys several times at CSM and they know there stuff.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
If you don't have the proper drill for drilling frames and the proper alignment lasers then I would suggest a pro. If the axle is just a 1/4 of an inch out of line you will pay for it in tires alone.
Just a suggestion.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I personally would go with a Neway axle..Spring-up Air down. When I was think about doing it I talked with either Weller or Valley out of Grand Rapids Mich.They will do the full install once all parts are in stock and @ the shop. I think they said 2 days for full install.
If ya can go with the models listed below,These axles can for the most part be compelty rebuilt in your driveway in a matter of hours with the right tools. Very easy to maintain.You can even do away with the shocks and go with a shock cord making maintance even cheaper. This style lift will clear most driveshafts.
For sure go with a proffesionall install and let them tell you what axle best fits your truck.
ART-505-C, -1, ART-555-C-1,-2,-3 AIR SUSPENSIONS
http://www.newlifeparts.com/nl/catalog/oldnl/section11.pdf