Growing My Business

Cargo

Expert Expediter
Hello Everyone!

I started expediting with my 1994 Chevy Extended Astro Van(great condition)in February 2005. Since then I have generated an average gross weekly income of $960.00. This past week however was less than half that amount(my first slow week).

At any rate, I run with my fiancee(Karen) and dog(Einstein). We really like expediting and am serious about our career. This upcoming January 2006 - we're going to upgrade to a 1 Ton Extended Chevy Cargo Van.

Presently, I am already looking for other opportunities as well as trying to reduce my deadhead miles since every run I did the return trip was empty.

Can anyone help me with getting loads as well as put an end to every run being an empty return?

I'd appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you.

Cargo
Dan 440-582-1645 Home
440-668-6506 Cell

CB Handle: Cargo HotShot

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
You should'nt be getting one way trips. I don't know who you're signed on with but they usually give you some feedback as to whether you should hang ou near your drop or re-locate to a better location for freight. I hate to sit and wait for return freight but waiting at least 24 hours will usually net me a load.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Who are you running for? Most expediting companys will not sign a van that old.

Any that wood are probably strugling to find units and customers.they prob do not have a large rnough customer base to keep you moving.

I would suggest signing that new van on with one of the big three.

Cargo

Expert Expediter
Thanks for your reply.

The van may be a 1994 but low miles at sign-on and new condition(really).