Fuel Price Alert !!!

moose

Veteran Expediter
If you are Driving along I-40 or to the south ,in the middle part of the country today,
Watch for the fuel price !!!@#$%^&*()
The TA in Knox. is selling for 50 cents more then the J or Pilot.
The Valero fuel network is doing the same.
also fuel up every 300 mil. or so .

Moose.

baracade

Seasoned Expediter
With the huricane heading straight for Houston & Texas City, we can only hope and pray that the oil refineries there do not suffer any damage or the price of fuel will be out the roof for some time!!!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
This morning, my wife said "glad I filled up last night... gas went up 70 cents overnight"

Preemptive strike on the fuel increases.

smarian

Seasoned Expediter
At Flying J in Knoxville the price went up from 3.60 Thursday afternoon to 5.00 Saturday morning (almost 40% more). I checked about 7-8 gas stations in the city, it's 5.00 everywhere.

In Florida is called price gouging and it's illegal. In Miami area the price is still 3.70 (I called my friends to check). Here it's called free market, I guess. I wonder how free can it be since I didn't see any 4.95 or 4.90 or 4.85 prices out here.

To me this looks like corporate racketeering and association to monopolystic practices. They are shameless and the government turn their faces to the other side.

At Flying J their fuel tanks were arriving one after another on Friday. That means there is no shortage of supply (yet). And the fuel station was deserted. Only a few cars pulling in from time to time. Doesn't look like a spike in demand either.

Meanwhile the 18 wheelers lines where quite busy. They kept the diesel price at 3.80. How comes there is a shortage of supply for gas due to hurricane Ike hitting Texas coast(as the corporation media explained) but there is plenty of diesel fuel?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Some of it is real, some of it is gouging. All of it should be relatively short term, possibly as long as the end of September. Still, the price of crude has dropped significantly over the last couple of weeks prior to Ike, yet the pump prices remained relatively steady. That question will probably be lost in the shuffle now.
The Associated Press: Ike may push gas prices close to $4

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I noticed on the way down here to Laredo....mostly just the J's with the prive increase.....3.59-3.89 for gas at Mobil/Exxon the J in Austin was 4.36 and in Jackson MS was 4.39...

moose

Veteran Expediter
I noticed on the way down here to Laredo....mostly just the J's with the prive increase.....3.59-3.89 for gas at Mobil/Exxon the J in Austin was 4.36 and in Jackson MS was 4.39...

Depending on your ride ...

It's nice tho'w, to see Diesel selling for less then gas again...
guess only a hurricane can organize thing back to the way they should be ...

Moose.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Depending on your ride ...

It's nice tho'w, to see Diesel selling for less then gas again...
guess only a hurricane can organize thing back to the way they should be ...

Moose.

Yup...MS was 4.39 for gas and 3.75 for diesel...nice spread