Break Down Help

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
A friend told us about this site:
http://truckdown.com/

The sad part is we got to try it out! We were in Richmond KY and while Bob was greasing the truck he found we had a wheel seal leaking. After we got unloaded we used truckdown to find a really great local shop that was able to replace our wheel seal at a very reasonable price.

You just put in the zip code of where you are located and up pops a list of shops.

Very handy site to have.

guido4475

Not a Member
thanks for the website address regarding truck repair shops. a good shop in indy (anderson) is superior truck service.labor at 75.00 hour,road service,and he does the job correctly, the 1 st time. he has a shop at his house, and really nice to deal with. his # is 866-914-1738. he warranties all his work.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Here I go, pulling up another old thread. One of my friends needed some mechanically creative work done on her truck and asked me for advice. This was Saturday, in Buffalo, limiting her options. I told her I'd go to my mechanic, Akron Semi Truck & Trailer Repair ( no acronym for them :D), 330-253-1560.
The good news was they got her in first thing this morning. As she explained her problem, all she heard was "we can do that" and they did. She was out of there this afternoon. She'd been expecting a minimum of $700 bill and almost fell over when they said $225. When she questioned the bill the answer she got was, "we only charge for what we do".
I've been a fan of these guys for awhile and thought I should share. Just make sure that when I get there with my list I don't have to wait. :p

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You know we do not get to read very often about good service centers thanks for sharing.

guido4475

Not a Member
i tell you what, that is great and all,and i am happy for you. i had a terrible experience with superior truck service in anderson,ind.(indianapolis) he got me for 9,000.00 worth of work that was done to my truck, supposedly.only to find out that only half of it was done.i am still fighting to get my money from him. go to reputable shops only, as i have learned.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
"thanks for the website address regarding truck repair shops. a good shop in indy (anderson) is superior truck service.labor at 75.00 hour,road service,and he does the job correctly, the 1 st time. he has a shop at his house, and really nice to deal with. his # is 866-914-1738. he warranties all his work."
i tell you what, that is great and all,and i am happy for you. i had a terrible experience with superior truck service in anderson,ind.(indianapolis) he got me for 9,000.00 worth of work that was done to my truck, supposedly.only to find out that only half of it was done.i am still fighting to get my money from him. go to reputable shops only, as i have learned.

Which is the correct post? In the case of Akron Semi Truck and Trailer, I started going there 5 years ago when I drove for a fleet owner at Panther and they were his mechanics. When I purchased my own truck I didn't have to wonder where to take her for good, dependable care. I wouldn't post about them on the strength of one experience.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wonder if Guido's other name is Sybil? Looks like 2 different people posting opposite experiences, eh? :confused:
For anyone who hasn't had the good luck to meet Gotta Go/Jeanie, I can say that she is solid gold, and we are lucky that she's (finally!) sharing her wealth of info with us here. Whether it's a truck wreck, a pet emergency, or just an 'oops', Jeanie is someone you want nearby, if possible. (And you'll know if she is, because her truck is one of a kind, lol ) :D

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Wonder if Guido's other name is Sybil? Looks like 2 different people posting opposite experiences, eh? :confused:
For anyone who hasn't had the good luck to meet Gotta Go/Jeanie, I can say that she is solid gold, and we are lucky that she's (finally!) sharing her wealth of info with us here. Whether it's a truck wreck, a pet emergency, or just an 'oops', Jeanie is someone you want nearby, if possible. (And you'll know if she is, because her truck is one of a kind, lol ) :D
Cheri, are you trying to say my truck is "special"? ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Absolutely, lol. And the info on Akron T&T Repair was timely: I need to be home by Friday, and will give them a call to see if they can find the electrical glitch that's driving me nuts (and leaving me powerless, most of the time).

mrdoe

Seasoned Expediter
"thanks for the website address regarding truck repair shops. a good shop in indy (anderson) is superior truck service.labor at 75.00 hour,road service,and he does the job correctly, the 1 st time. he has a shop at his house, and really nice to deal with. his # is 866-914-1738. he warranties all his work."

Which is the correct post? In the case of Akron Semi Truck and Trailer, I started going there 5 years ago when I drove for a fleet owner at Panther and they were his mechanics. When I purchased my own truck I didn't have to wonder where to take her for good, dependable care. I wouldn't post about them on the strength of one experience.

I am not a trucker but have had bad dealings with superior truck service and his shop B&A automotive. It appears that he provides top notch service to some of his customers but others just takes the money and runs. The guy is bad news. I am a young entrepreneur, 18 year old college student, who lettered his truck and shop just to wind up in court suing him for what he owes me. During my ongoing lawsuit I have found many other people that he has taken advantage of. I have made pretty good friends with a guy that superior truck service took off with over $3000 and left him stranded on the side of the road. If you have questions about my experience, I'd love to elaborate.

guido4475

Not a Member
I tell you what, If you enjoy getting reamed dry,go to Superior Truck service out of Anderson/Indianapolis area.The more I pursue this, the more I found out about him,and his not so coolways of screwing the o/o.I have listed several complaints with Truckdown services, to no end.

mrdoe

Seasoned Expediter
STAY AWAY FROM SUPERIOR TRUCK SERVICE AKA "SUPERIOR TRUCK AND TRAILER SERVICE". They owe me money and I have found many others that he has left dead on the road and take off with their money!!!! He is now working the south side of indianapolis. his shop is right on 465 at the old marine place.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for sharing those, yes they are keepers. Truckdown and NTTS are both good.

Most people also don't know that the Ryder Rental shops do outside work and carry a good sized inventory on Sprinter parts. Most people don't even think about them.

matlack

Expert Expediter

Two businesses in the Indianapolis IN area that we have used and know of other Drivers using and being pleased with the services received are;

Trucker's 24 Hour Road Services

2725 South Holt Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241-5738

(317) 244-2424

They offer Allison automatic transmission service and also have a shop that is near the Kenworth Dealership on Holt Road near Kentucky Ave.‎

Truckers 24 HR. Road Service Inc. - "We do it on the road"

Google Maps

Pomps Truck Tire Service

2120 South Harding Street, Indianapolis IN

(317) 635-8467

Other locations listed on the company website.
Home | Pomp's Tire

Has anyone used Roadside Masters.com?

I read their advertisement in Land Line Magazine, but don't know anyone that has used their services.

RoadsideMasters - OOIDA, Inc.