boards

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
anybody know of any expediting load boards? or brokers specializing in expedited freight

Don't hold your breath. There are a few, but most of what's out there on the internet is just LTL stuff that they want to move at ridiculously low rates. If you look long enough on the LTL boards, you will occasionally find a broker that has some expedited loads, but if you want to find a board that you can just sit and monitor online until you find a load, you're pretty much out of luck. I have partner carrier agreements with some of the larger expedited carriers and they all broker out their extra work. Some of them have boards that you can see the loads on, but most just work through the email or over the phone.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
has anyone noticed the number of members with there own authority seem to be climbing

thats great.I just hope you all keep an open mind setting up as a partner carrier with the established expediters is a great thing.maybe landstar has load in an area that panther dont.why tie yourself down to one carrier.just remember when you write your cargo and liability some expediters will require the 100,000 cargo and million dollar liability but some of these like active aero may require more than a million.

dont limit yourself to just expedite use tools like leonards guide online alot of 3pls have good loads

Third Party Logistics Companies

set up with everyone thats credit worthy

greg334

Veteran Expediter
has anyone noticed the number of members with there own authority seem to be climbing

thats great.I just hope you all keep an open mind setting up as a partner carrier with the established expediters is a great thing.maybe landstar has load in an area that panther dont.why tie yourself down to one carrier.just remember when you write your cargo and liability some expediters will require the 100,000 cargo and million dollar liability but some of these like active aero may require more than a million.

dont limit yourself to just expedite use tools like leonards guide online alot of 3pls have good loads

Makes me wonder how many take hazmat and reefer loads.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

It's always good to have a diversity of customers. Freight forwarders, such as Pilot and Seko are another great source. If you live near a decent sized airport, local cartage companies are another good source of loads.

It's definitely about relationships. I have friends who get calls from certain people that I've tried for years to get in with. Of course, I have people who will call me over them any day.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Makes me wonder how many take hazmat and reefer loads.
======================
Many do both with more doing hazmat. Reefer freight only pays slightly higher so not that many doing them unless they are full truckload. Just not enough reefer freight out there to really fool with unless it is food.