anyone ever use this service

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
always thought good sam was a rv service...not cmv
The Standard plan ($69.96) covers only your RV and auto. The Platinum plan ($99.95) covers "any vehicle you drive".
Emergency Road Service Platinum Benefits - RV Road Service - RoadSide Assistance

However, in the fine print (and the not-so fine print) of the Member Brochure, it states that that "any" vehicle must be "used exclusively for personal or recreational purposes (i.e., non-business purposes):"

PROTECTION FOR ALL VEHICLES
All owned, leased, rented or borrowed private-use, noncommercial vehicles are included

VEHICLES NOT COVERED BY THE
GOOD SAM RV PLATINUM ERS PROGRAM
INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Stolen, vandalized, or impounded vehicles.
• Utility trailers of any type being used for non-recreational
purposes, animal trailers and vehicles used to transport
show animals.
• Vehicles located outside the United States, Canada,
Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Mexico.
• Vehicles in a repair facility, off-road area*, sand beach
area, or any unattended, unlicensed, or abandoned
vehicles.
• Commercial/business vehicles and trailers (including but not limited to limousines), vehicles specifically designed for commercial or business purposes. Vehicles licensed commercially or in a business name.
• Non-commercial/business vehicles which are not
exclusively designed for non-commercial or business
purposes.
http://www.goodsamers.com/images/pdf/ERS_Platinum_nonMBB.PDF

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I thought we are using the trucks for recreation ? Or was I confused all these Millions of miles I drove since 92 LOL

Wonder if they will cover my tractor and trailers that is why I may be interested in the service These other folks have heck a flat in west tx or utah or some other remote goofy location can be costly.

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
However, in the fine print (and the not-so fine print) of the Member Brochure, it states that that "any" vehicle must be "used exclusively for personal or recreational purposes (i.e., non-business purposes):"

That's exactly what ive always thought