2008 Hino 268 P0087

milestree01

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 2008 Hino 268, which I drove from Miami to the Philadelphia area with no issues about 10 days ago. Recently the truck has gone into limp mode with a check engine light on after idling for more than a few minutes before driving. The first time this happened I didn’t have a scanner with me and stopped at autozone - their cheap scanner said code “P0088”, which is high fuel rail pressure. After limping back to the shop and turning the truck off and on again it immediately called for a manual regen (DPR only at 3 bars, which is the highest I’ve seen it). I went ahead with the regen and the truck drove fine for about 50 miles, when the same thing happened, only this time I had my scanner with me and read code P0087. After repeating the same process this happened again this morning, again code P0087. I’ve been reading some other posts and I think I’d be on the right track to change the DPF temp sensors? Any advice greatly appreciated as I can’t afford to send this truck to the dealer for weeks and weeks. Thank you