Saying Goodbye and Thank You

ATeam

Retired Expediter
About four years ago, I took on powerlifting as a serious hobby and avocational pursuit. On Saturday, April 27, I participated in my fifth competitive powerlifting meet. My lifts were judged by International Powerlifting Federation judges and my score placed me in the top half of all drug-free lifters worldwide who compete in my age and weight class.

While my numbers are modest compared to the world champions I wish to emulate, this meet was turning point for me. Before this meet, I ranked in the bottom third. Now I rank in the top half. That progress triggered a higher level of self-confidence and belief, such that I now believe I can become the #1 powerlifter in the world in my age and weight class.

Now believing that, and now experiencing the internal fire to achieve that goal, I am captivated by powerlifting. Where I was highly engaged in political conversations here on EO before, my interest in that has fallen to zero. That surprised me but it’s real. The attention I used to give to the EO Soapbox is now given to my lifts and my sport of choice. This was not a decision consciously made. It's something that mystically clicked inside when I saw my federation-posted scores. Having come this far, I now feel the burn to get to become the best in the world.

In other words, I’m done with the Soapbox. I appreciate and enjoyed interaction I had here with people of diverse political views. Thank you for your part in making the Soapbox an interesting and fun place to play. I wish you all the very best.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Go get 'em Phil.
Even though we don't know each other personally, I feel I've gotten to know you enough to know the type of person you are, and will succeed whatever you do.
Be well my friend.

Reactions: RLENT